Sign in to follow this  
Tone89

Carenado Cessna Skyhawk C172N ILS

Hi everyone, I recently purchased the Carenado Cessna C172N through Flight1 and its fantastic and puts the default one to shame :). Now, the one thing I've noticed with it that there are the two standard VOR indicators, although they both lack a glideslope indicator for ILS. I've never been in one IRL so not sure if this is normal or not, I purchased the aircraft mainly to fly about Orbx PNW as well as going 'back to basics' and doing things like ILS approaches in a smaller, more manageable aircraft. Many Thanks.

well if you really want a glideslope I can add it for you.send me PM with you email adress and I will put something together for you and send it to you.

no Glideslope activecar172A.jpg Above GScar172above.jpg On GScar172on.jpg Below GScar172below.jpg Ok here is the file:http://www.mediafire.../172Things4.cab InstallDownload above file to a folder of your choice. DO NOT UNZIP the file. it is already ready to be used and a "cab" file. Open the panel folder of careando 172.Look for file called "172things4.cab "rename the file to "172things4_original.cab" NOTE: if you have windows 7 and you do not have file extentions activated, the file name will show only as "172things4" and then rename it to "172things4_original"to know how to show file extentions in windows 7 - google is your friend now take the downloaded file and add it to the panel folder of the carenado172 that is it. start FSX and enjoy NOTE:---------if you have more then one panel folder eg panel.1 folder also in carenado 172 main folder. Repeat the process for the panel.1 folder. NOTE2----------DME: Also see the first picture. I also added a DME to the radio equipment. if you want that let me know and I will upload it for you. always nice to have distance measuring equipement when flying IFR

Thanks a lot for taking the time to create this bliksimpie and I'm glad you mentioned the DME, I discovered the absence of this as well today! If it isn't too much trouble to upload the DME patch that would be great. Many Thanks, Tone

you can grab the DME herehttp://www.mediafire.../172Things5.cab Install instructionsDownload above file to a folder of your choice. DO NOT UNZIP the file. it is already ready to be used and a "cab" file. Open the panel folder of careando 172. now take the downloaded file "172things5.cab" and add it to the panel folder of the carenado172 Open the panel.cfg file with notepad.Scroll down till you get to [Vcockpit02] section se below:[Vcockpit02]Background_color=0,0,0size_mm=512,512visible=0pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$Panel_172_2 gauge00=172Things4!Radios, 2,4,287,285gauge01=172Things4!adf, 4,291,281,114gauge02=172Things4!transponder, 4,410,281,62etcetc now change gauge01 of vcockpit section 2 to be the same as below: indicated in RED[Vcockpit02]Background_color=0,0,0size_mm=512,512visible=0pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$Panel_172_2 gauge00=172Things4!Radios, 2,4,287,285gauge01=172Things5!ADFDME, 4,291,281,114gauge02=172Things4!transponder, 4,410,281,62etcetc SAVE NOTE:---------if you have more then one panel folder eg panel.1 folder also in carenado 172 main folder. Repeat the process for the panel.1 folder. start FSX and enjoy ADF with DME incorportated. To select VOR1 or VOR 2 there is selection button on right sideto change the ADF clcik below buttons as indicated. Curser will show + or -car172abovea.jpg

Wow! Seamless integration! Again, thank you very much for taking time to do this.

Let me add my thanks to Bliksimpie & Bert Pieke & bstolle for all their "aftermarket" improvements.
In the time honoured manner...+1 im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

This is what I was looking for thank you! I also added the Arezone sound pack and it really sounds great, huge improvment.

I cannot access these files on mediafire...can't access that domain at all at the moment....could someone PLEASE repost these two addtions somewhere else? I fly a 1977 C172N IRL that of course has GS & DME, so I'd REALLY appreciate it!Thanks!

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Nevermind post above...site back online today!

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thank you for these really great "extras". I fly the C172 for my PPL training. Obviously, I don't fly IFR but these really complete the cockpit and it's good (virtual) training.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but the two links are down and I'd really like to have those additions. Does someone still have those files and could upload them?

Windows 10 Pro - Ryzen 3 5900X - nVidia Titan X (Pascal) - 32GB DDR4-3600 === Microsoft Flight Simulator