Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

Landing sound too low

Hi, I find quite disappointing the noise that the aircraft makes upon landing. You hardly hear anything, while the real plane produces a quite loud structural noise, that gives you the sensation that the heavy structure and all things inside are impacting the ground. I think this has to be improved in a next update.Thanks,James

James Goggi

+1 I agree. This is one of the few areas of the sound package which is quite disappointing. Much inferior to the MD-11 in this regard. The reports coming from Beta testers were that the touchdown and rollout sounds were really immersive and 'great' - I expected to hear some more rattles and thumps with distinct separate sound for main gear and nose gear touchdown - the MD-11 did this fantastically. Adam Turley.

They sound perfect to me from my limited experience up front on airliners. It doesn't sound anything like as loud from the cockpit as it does when sat over the wing.

"Great" meaning realistic to those who've sat up front (some members of the beta and tech team). You guys have to realize that since you likely haven't sat on the deck for a landing, your idea of what it's "supposed" to sound like is highly distorted. Following that, nothing needs to be changed. You're sitting on the deck, so you should hear what is heard on the deck, not what you hear in the back.

Kyle Rodgers

"Great" meaning realistic to those who've sat up front (some members of the beta and tech team). You guys have to realize that since you likely haven't sat on the deck for a landing, your idea of what it's "supposed" to sound like is highly distorted. Following that, nothing needs to be changed. You're sitting on the deck, so you should hear what is heard on the deck, not what you hear in the back.
I was about to concur with the others but your point just makes perfect sense.

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

They sound perfect to me from my limited experience up front on airliners. It doesn't sound anything like as loud from the cockpit as it does when sat over the wing.
+1

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I started this topic one hour after sitting behind the pilots for a test flight, so I know what I am talking about...

James Goggi