Hi all, I am about to upgrade my system, I am install a MSI MB and a i5-2500K plus 4 GB of pc16000, I currently have a BFG 9800GTX+ 512mb and only have about £100 left to spend, I am think of a 550Ti as this in the budget ,will I see a increase in FPS is I add a 1GB 550Ti over my 9800GTX+ ?? Mark

I think you should go for the 560TI it has a higher number of CUDA.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

At this time I can't afford a 560Ti so its a 550Ti or my 9800GTX+, do you think the 550Ti is better than my 9800GTX+? thanks

Tell me are you facing performance issues with the 9800GTX ? if you are not then why do you want to upgrade ? Yes the 550 ti is faster , 9800GTX is 256bit and the 550 is 192bit but the 550 has overall higher config. what fps are you getting and do list fsx settings.

I havent yet brought the above parts, but when I have the new MB, RAM & CPU I will have the money to buy a 550Ti if I would see a increase in FPS over my 9800GTX+ At the moment I am running a AMD 6400+ so I not sure what I will see when I have the i5 2500K up and running. Mak

I havent yet brought the above parts, but when I have the new MB, RAM & CPU I will have the money to buy a 550Ti if I would see a increase in FPS over my 9800GTX+ At the moment I am running a AMD 6400+ so I not sure what I will see when I have the i5 2500K up and running. Mak
So currently you are using the 9800GT the 9800GT is an upgraded version of the 8800GT a DX9 card but it is a powerful card under DX9. You are anyway upgrading to a new machine and you have the 9800gt , when you get the new machine first try the 9800gt and check if it is bottlenecking the i5, I think it would bottleneck but try it first and then decide. the 560 ti has only a diff of $50 , here in india 550ti is 10k and 560ti is 15k.

Guest PFL

This is the endless debacle about upgrading: Do I have the money to pay up, and get the best for FSX? Read this: http://www.anandtech...up-short-at-150 You are not getting the best.. Why not wait, save some money, and get the best? You will torment yourself with endless self blame if you buy less than good, and after that, I or some other Avsim member will have to assist you again! i5 2500K @ 4.6 or 4.8 Ghz = GTX 570 / 580

Its the 9800GTX+ 512MB not the 9800GT are these the same card?
Ok. It's a 9 series card, but do not worry when your system comes first try it as I said before.