Sign in to follow this  
Evincare

Couple of Stuff (T/D Calc, Pictures and "what's that?)

Hi fellow simmers, i just finished my second test flight from Las Vegas - Sacramento. Couple of more will follow before transfering my beau to Europe. First of all - Beautiful bird AUA_738WL_1.jpgAUA_738WL_2.jpg I have two questions though. #1: on the second Picture is something written beneath the Autopilot. What is that? :) #2: I cannot follow the descend path without using the Speedbreaks to reach certain waypoints at its desired height. Otherwise the FMC tells me something like VNAV Descend unreachable. So if i follow LNAV/VNAV during descend i'm always running into using the Speedbreaks and i don't think this is considered normal? Other than that - i'm one of the lucky guys where my bird don't freeze, crash, performs badly ... i'm just plain happy with it ;) So long Alex

I can only answer question 1. It says LMI-RW00125Y IL201 and is on the real plane. if you google the number it will lead you to a picture I am also one of the lucky ones who has no problems with his PMDG NGX and i only get between 7 and 15fps.

To achieve your descent path you should put it on VS and increase the descent rate and that will fix your problem there, be sure to check with the VSD to make sure you stay on profile

Guest tonyf38

Begin descent earlier.. Add about 20 miles to TOD..

If you add the wind forecast correctly to the FMC it will help.If you have a tail wind then you will have problems trying to honour the altitude restrictions. As said above you can descent earlier but may still have troubles later in the descent. For example if you descend early and meet the first altitude restriction, any subsequent restrictions are at the mercy of a tail wind.