Sign in to follow this  
jbinner

Odd issue, on Decent, almost all add-ons

I say almost all add-ons, because it doesnt matter if I am using the Wilco Airbus Vol1 A320, or the PMDG NGX, or the Wilco ERJ, I have the same issue. Let me describe it for you. I am flying FSX SP2, with Acceleration and all from MS-camp. I am using UTX and GenX for North America when flying. I am also using ActiveSky Evo. I use FPS Limiter set to D3D9 from the OUTSIDE and launch FSX from that shortcut. I am running on a Triple-Head with 3 monitors. I also am flying online with VATSIM SB, but it's also done it to me other night off-line. 90% of the flight goes VERY smoothly.....as I descend, last 2 times this happened was into KORD and KJFK, the CTD happens. FSX locks and it dumps out. Now, if I do a FRESH boot and FIRST flight with FSX it's fine....but if I had been using the computer for something else, or even flying FSX, and try to load FSX again, the 2nd flight will CTD and crash. rest of my computer specs are in my sigi, but the highlights are Athon Phenom II at 3.5Ghz, Nvidia 460 GTZ 1Ghz, and 4GM RAM Any help appreciated for this little annoyance....otherwise, with the FPS limiter, my rig has been golden. Even during VATSIM online events for 10th Anniversary flying in HEAVY traffic it was awesome. No stutters and smooth as can be. Just that second flight almost always dumps. :( I've tried to check logs for Win7 64-bit, but nothing shows except unexpected error. No notes, nothing. :( Thanks all.

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

follow up....this evening I had a TON with the PMDG NGX.....CTD's twice. :( I tried a third time, this time applying the Hot Fix for freezes, which didn't remove my liveries, but DID remove FSUPIC. I went back to "scratch" using FS Limiter from outside with D3D9 settings.....so far so good. :) I am 1/2 through the flight and NO stutters, NO CTD's.....maybe an errant OLD setting in FSUPIC?

John Binner, MCDST

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Guest firehawk44

FSUIPC is used by many developers for proper operations of their products. CS aircraft require it for sure so be careful as some other programs you have installed may require it. You should download and install the latest version of FSUIPC to avoid any "errant OLD settings". I recall uninstalling FSUIPC from my system once and had lots of issues afterwards, especially with the CS 757. PMDG has some warnings for users of FSUIPC starting on Page 20 of the 737NGX Intro Manual that you might want to check out again. I've heard that loading new flight plans, new aircraft once FSX has been loaded creates many problems. That's why I always close an FSX session and then restart it with a new aircraft and flight plan. PMDG states that their aircraft do not like to be reloaded but have some recommendations to get around this (see page 22 of the 737NGX Manual). You need to continue to watch the Event Viewer and look for the reasons for any future crashes. Best regards,Jim

I think I had it figured out now based on FSUIPC going away like that....I did download the latest one from April 2011 and have it installed now. I also offloaded FSCOmmander to my laptop, using WideFS now to run that from a 2nd system. All seems smooth again on last 2 flights like this. :) I think the old settings in FSUIPC were messing with things.

John Binner, MCDST

Guest jahman
I think I had it figured out now based on FSUIPC going away like that....I did download the latest one from April 2011
The latest FSUIPC for FSX is v. 4.722 dd. August 11, 2011. Cheers, - jahman.

sorry, I misread the month. Whatever current was is what I downloaded and installed. Either way it fixed my issue.

John Binner, MCDST