Sign in to follow this  
Ray_the_pilot

No response from the engines

Hi, I have run into a problem with the NGX, but I'm not sure at this point if I have run into a bug or I'm doing something wrong. The problem occurs when I try to start a flight using the cold and dark panel state. I use the normal checklist in the FCOM1 to set up my flight, which is at the default Boeing field (KBFI). After setting all up, I run the pushback procedure and engine start-up procedure. After doing the after start and before taxi procedures, I am ready to taxi. Here is where the problem start. I use my Saitek throttle to give some power to the engines, but they don't respond at all. I can see the throttle levers in the VC move, so they are responding to my input, but the engines stays at idle. I have even tried to do a TO/GA, and the thrust levers in the VC respond also here, but not the engines. It keeps running at idle. I also noticed that when I press the recall panel, the master caution button stays lit up, but nothing is displayed on the panel next to it, leaving me without any clue as to what could be wrong. I thought at first that I experienced a panel freeze, where the engine panel stopped updating, but when restarting the APU and cut the fuel to the engines, they whine down as expected. I restarted the engines, turned off the APU, and the problem was back. I have tried to start a flight from the "default" panel state where the engines are running, and It have been no problem to complete a successful flight. This leads me to think that I must be doing something wrong. The tutorials or manuals have not been very helpful to me on this matter. I have the latest hotfix installed. Another little thing I have noticed is that the little FSX tooltip which show exactly what my trim is when holding the mouse over the trim wheels, has suddenly disappeared. I was thinking of submitting a ticket, but I wanted to check here first in case I have missed something obvious. smile.png

I had this problem too, so have a few others. I had the Cessna loaded as my default flight and the mixture off, once I changed this to full it was solved, also I deleted my fsx cfg to gain a few fps and since then it has not re-occurred. Dan.

Not sure if it's the same thing but i had a similar problem (however only with a single throttle). It was the auto throttle wasn't armed (A/T) Better solution above my post ^^ The throttle position display is set within the PMDG options.

Ian R Tyldesley

When this happened to me, it was because the text box in the FMC was on, and any text or joystick input is ignored...Just click on the text box to turn it off propress tab. Henri

Henri Arsenault