Sign in to follow this  
jbassue

My up coming trip! (Dash -8)

As some of you may know I live in the Caribbean, on the island of St Kitts, I'm on Summer vacation for the time being until September 5th, I'll be leaving St Kitts for St Maarten On tuesday, on Regional Airliner LIAT Dash-8, I'll be sure to record everything I feel while on the Flight. This will be my second time on The Dash-8.LIAT is also a heavy carrier of the Dash- 8 so I think (I know they still have a lot of work) PMDG should create a LIAT paint lol on their upcoming Dash-8.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

BBRRRVVVVVRROOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOMMMMRRRMMMMm <- That's supposed to be props 1050 sound..hehe

BBRRRVVVVVRROOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOMMMMRRRMMMMm <- That's supposed to be props 1050 sound..hehe
LOL that made me laugh Love.gif

Ah, wasn't so eventful, besides having the Props a few inches from your head.
Uneventful is how I like my trips on airplanes. :)

Depending on which version of the Dash 8 PMDG creates one may not be included. Liat no longer operates the 100 series and they never had the Q200 series. Liat is an all Q300 fleet. that being said once the paint-kit is released they will be a talented painter that will have one sooner than you can blink

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Depending on which version of the Dash 8 PMDG creates one may not be included. Liat no longer operates the 100 series and they never had the Q200 series. Liat is an all Q300 fleet. that being said once the paint-kit is released they will be a talented painter that will have one sooner than you can blink
I miss the 100 Simeon....During takeoff, the aircraft was vibrating so hard, and a quick throttle back on cruise threw everyone forward, on approach and landing, we landed on LIAT'S signature right wheel first, bounced 3 times and some pretty sturdy breaking, the props changing their angles for reverse thrust was amazing to see, which happened a few times on the runway.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Glad to hear that you had a good time. I miss the airline back in the day, I worked there from 1989 to 1993, Then came to the US to finish my Aviation degree, now I work for another Dash 8 carrier. Our fleet consists of the 100s and 300s. We got rid of our 200s 5 years ago.

Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip

Glad to hear that you had a good time. I miss the airline back in the day, I worked there from 1989 to 1993, Then came to the US to finish my Aviation degree, now I work for another Dash 8 carrier. Our fleet consists of the 100s and 300s. We got rid of our 200s 5 years ago.
Sweet! Maybe you can aid PMDG on their development Simeon...It looks as though it's all doing down hill for LIAT though, with tonnes of strikes and delays.But on my flights they were real early, and we got rushed on-board, and off we went.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Liat 20years ago was struggling financially and they still are today (part of the problem of being owned by the government share holders of the different islands - too many cooks in the kitchen). That is not to say that there aren't other airlines out there in the same boat. However, Liat has always been top heavy and like any other aviation industry the crews are getting greedier and greedier, thus making it difficult to keep their heads above water in these trying economic times. I am not really in a position to speak of Liat's internal problems, but with any operation that has union's involved somebody is always unhappy. I am sure PMDG has all of their Dash 8 team members selected, hopefully we can hear some news soon after the minor bugs with the NGX are ironed out

Banner_MJC8.png

Liat 20years ago was struggling financially and they still are today (part of the problem of being owned by the government share holders of the different islands - too many cooks in the kitchen). That is not to say that there aren't other airlines out there in the same boat. However, Liat has always been top heavy and like any other aviation industry the crews are getting greedier and greedier, thus making it difficult to keep their heads above water in these trying economic times. I am not really in a position to speak of Liat's internal problems, but with any operation that has union's involved somebody is always unhappy.
+1

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I have become very keen indeed on the dash 8 Q400 even though they only have a Q300 fleet here in New Zealand. Has anyone any information when the Q400 will be released to the Simmers?regards,Jim.