Sign in to follow this  
sailor04

Mouse FPS Issue

Hey guys, I lose about 7 frames in the NGX when my mouse cursor is active.If I move the mouse in upper left corner framerate rise again.I've heard that the iFly got the same problem and team is working on it.Can you fix this problem?Sorry for my bad English I'm German :D regards EDIT: 25 fps without mouse / 17-20 fps with active mouse -> So its really important for me that PMDG fix that bad issue :-/

Hi,Thats a FSX issue which happens in every VC, even in the defaultplanes. When a VC is more complex, the framratedrop is bigger. At the upper left corner there is a 2D pannel. When you put your mouse over an 2D panel the VC mouse bug is gone until the mouse is back in the VC again. That is an problem of FSX. Send me a PM and I will explain it to you in german. Best regardsJonathan

It's not true. It doesn't happen with every plane nor with my PMDG 747X. I did a test with 747X and on a active runway I was getting 32FPS tried to move the mouse all over the place and do all crazy things but never went below 30FPS. Now if you want to tell me that the NGX looks and functions so much better than the 747X thats why it's got worse Mouse Lag then it's not smart decision from PMDG, I would rather have a little less eye candy but more enjoyable performance. Evan Banalian.

It's not true. It doesn't happen with every plane nor with my PMDG 747X. I did a test with 747X and on a active runway I was getting 32FPS tried to move the mouse all over the place and do all crazy things but never went below 30FPS. Now if you want to tell me that the NGX looks and functions so much better than the 747X thats why it's got worse Mouse Lag then it's not smart decision from PMDG, I would rather have a little less eye candy but more enjoyable performance. Evan Banalian.
It is true. Search the forums and you'll find a post I made some 4 years ago about FS9 doing the same. Everyone was stumped or non interested as I had a lowly Pentium D in a time that Core 2s were the bee's knees. And never went below 30FPS? Where? The Sahara Desert? Shocked.gif What's your system?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1 http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1 http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1 Just a few. Well before the NGX's launch. A few involving the 400X. A few involving FS9. Now what were you saying and how was this test administered?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

And never went below 30FPS? Where? The Sahara Desert? What's your system, anyway?
I have an extremely average system (not even by fsx standards) and I can achieve 25-40 fps consistently at VHHH with scenery near max. I performed all of the possible tweaks and whatnot just to try and get the NGX working (it didn't, still sitting at 5 fps and crashing with hotfix installed). However, when I tried using the 747-400X for something that I could actually fly without OOM errors, I was shocked at how the framerates with the Queen went up.

I have an extremely average system (not even by fsx standards) and I can achieve 25-40 fps consistently at VHHH with scenery near max. I performed all of the possible tweaks and whatnot just to try and get the NGX working (it didn't, still sitting at 5 fps and crashing with hotfix installed). However, when I tried using the 747-400X for something that I could actually fly without OOM errors, I was shocked at how the framerates with the Queen went up.
How is it shocking? The NGX has a little more going on under the hood. Define extremely average. I think some people are slightly exaggerating performance and scenery settings. No offense. A friend of mine has a Lenova i7 Laptop. He always claims his performance is great and around the 40-50FPS mark with dense scenery. Of course when I look at the sim running, it looks like crap and runs even crappier (to desktop standards). I give this anecdote because I don't want you taking what I said above personally. Oh yeah, most of his flying is in the deserts of the Western US. Edit: I'm not sure what I'm getting at, so I digress.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

How is it shocking? The NGX has a little more going on under the hood.
A "little more" enough to take my system, chop it up into little diced pieces, and then feed those pieces to hungry FPS hogs waiting inside the belly of the NGX. But it may also be my 32 bit OS and 2.33 Ghz CPU. But I like the hogs better.Btw, do you think a CPU upgrade would help? Would 3.06 Ghz make a considerable difference with the NGX vs 2.33 Ghz?

A "little more" enough to take my system, chop it up into little diced pieces, and then feed those pieces to hungry FPS hogs waiting inside the belly of the NGX. But it may also be my 32 bit OS and 2.33 Ghz CPU. But I like the hogs better. Btw, do you think a CPU upgrade would help? Would 3.06 Ghz make a considerable difference with the NGX vs 2.33 Ghz?
I'm not sure. 700MHz isn't something to scoff at, but I doubt that lemon is worth the squeeze!

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

The only thing is, I don't really have any opportunities to upgrade my system to 64 bit in the near future, so I'm reluctant to attempt a clean reinstall of everything on my HD just to get a plane working. May have to wait for the next time I buy a brand new PC, which is another year away at least.

Ever since I've been building my own rigs, I've side graded to a new CPU one time. That was all it took to teach me that two year old CPUs are over priced, and CPU side grades are pointless. Money%20Eyes.gif

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Inspite of I read all threads on this post, asks dev team because lag is too severe..I barely using VC except default boxed airports. *IF* the mouse lag is caused by mouse-curser related - mouse over VC interacts mouse-shape control guage, etc -is there posibility that there will be new option to choose something like [use hand-animated cursor]? I am eager for gentle flight in VC than with a cute cursor.I'm saying this because even a aircraft results worse fps in vc around 7-8 doesnt make mouse lag. I really need more fps.. Praying.gif