Sign in to follow this  
xawery

Startup state problem in tutorial

Hi everyone,After installation of NGX I tried to finish Tutorial 1. I loaded the plane and started cockpit preparations as pdf says. Then I realized that the instructions assume that the engines are up and running after I loaded the plane. But on my computer the simulation starts with engines down and MCP off. I can't find any panel state that I can load and have the engines running.Am I missing something? What should be the default aircraft state after loading simulation? Should the engines be running as tutorial assumes? I've tried to search forum for any problems with tutorial but I couldn't find any post regarding my problem. Best regards.

Hello Lukasz, The tutorial does expect the aircraft to be in a READY FOR TAKEOFF state. In the CDU is an option PMDG SETUP. In there you can select your startup and Panel State. It sounds like you set it as Cold&Dark. Look to see if you have the READY FOR TAKEOFF state in the panel state list. If now, like many of us, you can do the following: Go to this file:Microsoft Games/FSX/PMDG/PMDG737NGX/737NGX_Options.iniOpen it and delete the line just under [Panel State] If you are worried something might go wrong (which it doesn't) you can also put // in front of that line. That way the line will not be used. Reload your aircraft and it should come up with engines running. Save the Panel State as READY FOR TAKEOFF.

A day without laughter, is a day without living.

Madfred, thanks for help, but I cannot find "ready for takeoff" state in CDU.Deleting the line from .ini file you have mentioned didn't help because I don't have any file related to that panel state in PanelStane folder. All I have are files CLDDRK, LONG and SHORT. Those are the states that I can load from CDU - no READY FOR TAKEOFF though.Should I reinstall NGX? Will it activate properly after second installation? Best regards.

xawary, Deleting that line (or commenting out with "//") will allow you to load the aircraft in the "engine running" state when you choose that plane from the list. I just did it and it works. You can always save that sate under a new name like "REAY FOR TAKEOFF". Henri

Henri Arsenault

PROBLEM SOLVED.As it turned out, I had zero fuel set in FSX prior to loading the plane. It seems that even though NGX uses its own fuel system, there has to be some fuel set in FSX menu in order to properly start engines in the initialization phase (first 20 seconds after loading plane). Thanks for help guys. Best regards.