Sign in to follow this  
jwenham

737 NGX concerns and questions

This is a must have in my opinion. PMDG really raised the bar with this one.

Matt Wilson

Hard to believe you have 1,000+ posts and you would be asking questions like this in the general forum about the most anticipated product of all time for flight sim. I'm actually surprised at all the civil answers that you have. I agree with them all. I would think you would know PMDG's refund policy - They don't refund downloads. A quick check of their site would show this. All the other answers are probably just what you would expect to hear about a PMDG product that took 3 years to produce. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

1. yes2. yes3. no4 no I had one issue ( CTD loading saved flights) and that is now fixed.. this plane is absolutely the best plane I have owned by a large margin. get it and you might as well delete your other planes now because you won't want to fly them. I am getting really good frames with this plane ( locked at 30 and stays near 30 most of the time) I have been able to get more aggressive with my settings ( I am using the pmdg ones they recommend for higher end rigs)

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Hard to believe you have 1,000+ posts and you would be asking questions like this in the general forum about the most anticipated product of all time for flight sim. I'm actually surprised at all the civil answers that you have. I agree with them all. I would think you would know PMDG's refund policy - They don't refund downloads. A quick check of their site would show this. All the other answers are probably just what you would expect to hear about a PMDG product that took 3 years to produce. Ray
Why wouldn't he get civil answers? He made a very polite post with very straight forward questions, one would expect the same in return. I'm happy to see the courteous responses without the expectation that he should be a devout follower of the mighty PMDG just because some others are. Happy indeed.

- Aaron

Why wouldn't he get civil answers?
Oh, I'm as happy as you that the thread has gone this long on a positive note. I just haven't seen it evolve quite like this lately. I guess it was most folks were on edge waiting for the release. Now they are complaining they don't have the SDK or the Paintkit or their favorite repaint, or something. As why i am surprised. 1,000+ posts, all those add-ons, come on guys? Ray

1) Yes 2) Yes 3) No 4) Dont know.. I wouldnt want to return a PMDG aircraft. A few odd problems but I have confidence they will be sorted. Nothing to stop me flying.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Oh, I'm as happy as you that the thread has gone this long on a positive note. I just haven't seen it evolve quite like this lately. I guess it was most folks were on edge waiting for the release. Now they are complaining they don't have the SDK or the Paintkit or their favorite repaint, or something. As why i am surprised. 1,000+ posts, all those add-ons, come on guys? Ray
Well Ray, believe it or not even with 1000+ posts as you have put it, this was my first PMDG purchase. Notice I said "was", yes I went ahead and got it. I just wasnt all that interested getting any of the other PMDG products till the 737 NGX hit. Now that I have it, so far I am extreemly happy with it but I have alot to learn to get the most out of it. Just with my few initial tests I can really appreciate the quality and attention to detail put into this work of art. The sounds, lighting, systems, and the feel of it while flying are all very nice. Performance wise if we are talking FPS is a few frames lower than the Level D 767 but it is a smoother running aircraft so the few FPS loss isnt even woth talking about in my opinion.

Jim Wenham

1) Yes. Early byers should expect to be part of some surprises. I am sure that if everybody had applied the advise given in the introduction to the letter, at least half of questions and critisism would not have been written. I myself tried a few short cuts. Don't.2) Yes. If you can handle their 747, this one will really fly.3) No. I have autogene allways at normal, because any hihgher I don't find realistic.

To all that replied... thank you for the advise/info! I appreciate it. Now if you will excuse me I got some reading to do and I hope it rains all day long tomorrow so I can play wit this bird. Praying.gif 1002 posts now Ray... if your counting. LOL!LOL.gif

Jim Wenham

To all that replied... thank you for the advise/info! I appreciate it. Now if you will excuse me I got some reading to do and I hope it rains all day long tomorrow so I can play wit this bird. Praying.gif 1002 posts now Ray... if your counting. LOL!LOL.gif
Jim,I'm actually not counting, but, glad you made a good, sound decision to buy this one. This is a perfect example of using the forum for your avantage. It's not as quick as google but I think it provides good enough answers. When I first got started with fsx I asked for help quite often. I can recommend a good avsim review that talks about using addons. In that review are several recommendations to further increase your simming enjoyment. You can simply substitute your new 737NGX with the MD-11F and be on your way. I hope you take the time to truly enjoy your newest. http://www.avsim.com...Combo/MD11.html Ray

A friend of mine has the NGX and he has the same CPU as mine the X3 with the similar config and the GPU is slightly lower on his machine it's a HD 4550 with out any other addons and only the stock FSX scenery and all settings to max @1280x1024 he get's 14 fps on the NGX when on ground . So now I am thinking about I buying it.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

A friend of mine has the NGX and he has the same CPU as mine the X3 with the similar config and the GPU is slightly lower on his machine it's a HD 4550 with out any other addons and only the stock FSX scenery and all settings to max @1280x1024 he get's 14 fps on the NGX when on ground . So now I am thinking about I buying it.
PMDG does not even recommend the fsx sliders be maxed out. I have an i7-870 with the GTX460 card and 8 GB ram using win7-64 and I don't fly any addon with all sliders maxed out. With a little trial and error with the sliders and good use of AI traffic, road traffic, autogen, weather, and water you can have a very enjoyable addon and not have to worry about FPS. This newest 737NGX was designed to be efficient in FSX. Just reducing Autogen and Traffic could possibly add 30 - 40% gain in FPS in your system. Ray

1 Yes2 Yes3 No4 No I've had almost zero issues with this amazing bird I LOVE IT!
Same her. FANTASTIC simulation.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

PMDG does not even recommend the fsx sliders be maxed out. I have an i7-870 with the GTX460 card and 8 GB ram using win7-64 and I don't fly any addon with all sliders maxed out. With a little trial and error with the sliders and good use of AI traffic, road traffic, autogen, weather, and water you can have a very enjoyable addon and not have to worry about FPS. This newest 737NGX was designed to be efficient in FSX. Just reducing Autogen and Traffic could possibly add 30 - 40% gain in FPS in your system. Ray
I will try it out. How are the flight dynamics ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

This is one that I am still thinking about, the reviews have nearly got me convinced, all that is holding me back is concern over the fps. Poor FPS is the main reason that I rarely fly the F1 Mustang.Having watched quite a few video's of it though I have to say it looks amazing...G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron