Sign in to follow this  
dbp222

Did Eaglesoft Ever Release a patch for FSX SR22 SE Turbo?

I purchased this fine airplane a couple of weeks or so ago and have been trying to get the RXP GNS430W to work correctly with it. I have tried using the ES S55X autopilot with it but it seems to have problems entering APR mode. If I replace it with the RXP S55X unit, everything works but I need to use the ST360 with it and it doesn't integrate well with the rest of the cockpit. I have seen a few people say that the ES S55X should work with the RXP 430W correctly but in view of the problemsI am experiencing, I am wondering if there was a patch for this plane that I do not have that would correct the autopilot behavior. Sorry about posting this here but I have not had any luck getting access to the Eaglesoft support forum. I requested access about a week ago but have not been validated so that I can get into the forum. Thanks

I'm not aware of a fix to the problems you are having.. on my system, the two work together - imperfectly..

Bert

I purchased this fine airplane a couple of weeks or so ago and have been trying to get the RXP GNS430W to work correctly with it. I have tried using the ES S55X autopilot with it but it seems to have problems entering APR mode. If I replace it with the RXP S55X unit, everything works but I need to use the ST360 with it and it doesn't integrate well with the rest of the cockpit. I have seen a few people say that the ES S55X should work with the RXP 430W correctly but in view of the problemsI am experiencing, I am wondering if there was a patch for this plane that I do not have that would correct the autopilot behavior. Sorry about posting this here but I have not had any luck getting access to the Eaglesoft support forum. I requested access about a week ago but have not been validated so that I can get into the forum. Thanks
The 430 WAAS system by RXP was made long after our Cirrus SR22 Series was released and as you know requires it's own custom A/P to perform the VNAV portion of an approach.Any "patch" would require that JL from RXP contact us with a solution which he could or we could then impliment....Since he built his gauges it is his responsibility to offer "compatibility solutions" either in his own package or to vendors/vendors products for which he may wish to have his products installed. Contact us at support@eaglesoftdg.com with your forum username and we'll try to assist.Nerd.gif

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

i dont see any evidence of the patch
Nor will you since JL has never contacted us about this matter. From the thread above: "The 430 WAAS system by RXP was made long after our Cirrus SR22 Series was released and as you know requires it's own custom A/P to perform the VNAV portion of an approach.Any "patch" would require that JL from RXP contact us with a solution which he could or we could then impliment....Since he built his gauges it is his responsibility to offer "compatibility solutions" either in his own package or to vendors/vendors products for which he may wish to have his products installed."

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ron is obviously correct, as he should know a thing or two about this great aircraft.wink.png I suggest keeping the ES 55X (you don't need the RXP 55X version to implement the RXP 430 WAAS function), and if you really want to utilize the WAAS via the RXP 430, replace the standby VOR on the panel with the RXP unit, and use that for guidance on approach, as I do not believe you get it to show on the Avidyne....but to be honest, I can't remember if I ever tried to used the WAAS function with the SR22 Turbo, or 22, or 20....maybe I'll check it out this weekend. I believe Bert made the VOR switch, but am not sure.

Ron and bkeske,Thanks for all the information. I appreciate you both taking the time to answer my questions. I understand now what the situation is with the timeline of these two great products that I am trying to get to work together. I was not aware of the timing issues and thought that the Sr22 was a recent release from ES. You see, while I have had every version of FS since it came out, I have been away from it for about 4 years and only recently purchased FSX because I did not have a computer previously that could handle running it OK. I have now redicovered my great passion for flight simming and have been spending my time and money building my hangar up. I recently bought the ES SR22 SE Turbo and really love the plane. It flies great, looks great and I love the cockpit and its lighting. I also bought the RXP 430W unit and have been trying to retrofit my aircraft with it. I have followed Bert advice and put the RXP VOR1 gauge into the SR22 and have been chasing down this last issue of the glide path capture to finish my retrofit. Anyway, I have rambled enough but I just wanted to thank you all for the help and assure Ron that I love his airplane and will continue to fly it with or without a patch for the RXP unit.

Ron and bkeske,Thanks for all the information. I appreciate you both taking the time to answer my questions. I understand now what the situation is with the timeline of these two great products that I am trying to get to work together. I was not aware of the timing issues and thought that the Sr22 was a recent release from ES. You see, while I have had every version of FS since it came out, I have been away from it for about 4 years and only recently purchased FSX because I did not have a computer previously that could handle running it OK. I have now redicovered my great passion for flight simming and have been spending my time and money building my hangar up. I recently bought the ES SR22 SE Turbo and really love the plane. It flies great, looks great and I love the cockpit and its lighting. I also bought the RXP 430W unit and have been trying to retrofit my aircraft with it. I have followed Bert advice and put the RXP VOR1 gauge into the SR22 and have been chasing down this last issue of the glide path capture to finish my retrofit. Anyway, I have rambled enough but I just wanted to thank you all for the help and assure Ron that I love his airplane and will continue to fly it with or without a patch for the RXP unit.
Thanks for your purchase and we're glad you are enjoying our Eaglesoft SR22.The community seems to enjoy RXP Products and like many others we are puzzled that JL does not contact vendors like Eaglesoft with the proper RXP "patch" integration information which would enhance his customers enjoyment. RXP has a responsibilty to its customers to at least inform them that "Integrations" of RXP products do not have proper RXP support.At least users like Bert P. have managed a "cludge" of sorts which may suffice until a better solution is found.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I just want to make one clarification. I misspoke, as the Cirrus standby instruments do not contain a VOR, so you would have to pick one of the three for replacement. Ron: Jean-Luc does not seem to be around much, and his involvement on the 'unofficial RXP' forum seems to become less and less over the last year or so, so I'm not sure what that means. Hope you and your family are doing well.

I just want to make one clarification. I misspoke, as the Cirrus standby instruments do not contain a VOR, so you would have to pick one of the three for replacement.Ron:Jean-Luc does not seem to be around much, and his involvement on the 'unofficial RXP' forum seems to become less and less over the last year or so, so I'm not sure what that means.Hope you and your family are doing well.
Thanks Brian. We, like many others, have had a few tough years as it relates to loss of real world family and friends outside FS development but we are on the mend.My purpose in posting is to clear up the misconception that JL/RXP confers with other devs to ease integration of JL/RXP products into theirs.That is simply not the case with the possible exception of Dreamfleet which seems to have reached some sort of end.Nonetheless it remains a responsibility of RXP to its product customers to provide proper "integration". Not Eaglesoft.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png