Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Single channel annunciation

What is required for single ch to illuminate in the fma? Ive some time today learning the autoland system, and it is my understanding that sinks ch should come on when established with the approach mode on but only one autopilot on (and when the second autopilot came on, the single ch would change to cmd. I only get cmd no matter what, and only get single ch when I disconnect and reconnect the ap. Is this correct?

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

What is required for single ch to illuminate in the fma? Ive some time today learning the autoland system, and it is my understanding that sinks ch should come on when established with the approach mode on but only one autopilot on (and when the second autopilot came on, the single ch would change to cmd. I only get cmd no matter what, and only get single ch when I disconnect and reconnect the ap. Is this correct?
SINGLE CH annunciates in A/P Status Display after localizer capture• for single autopilot approach, SINGLE CH remains annunciated for entire approach• for dual autopilot approach, SINGLE CH annunciation extinguishes when second autopilot engages and FLARE armed is annunciated.

SINGLE CH annunciates in A/P Status Display after localizer capture• for single autopilot approach, SINGLE CH remains annunciated for entire approach• for dual autopilot approach, SINGLE CH annunciation extinguishes when second autopilot engages and FLARE armed is annunciated.
Okay, thanks. Any ideas why mine stays on cmd the whole time?

Alfredo Terrero

Okay, thanks. Any ideas why mine stays on cmd the whole time?
The approach mode arms AFDS to capture and track localizer and glideslope andcan be engaged for dual or single autopilot operation.One VHF NAV receiver must be tuned to an ILS frequency before approach modecan be engaged. With one VHF NAV receiver tuned, onside AFDS is enabled forguidance and operation.For dual autopilot operation, both VHF NAV receivers must be tuned to the ILSfrequency and both autopilots must be selected in CMD prior to 800 feet RA.APP mode operation:• localizer must be captured prior to glideslope• localizer can be intercepted in HDG SEL, LNAV, or CWS R• SINGLE CH annunciates in A/P Status Display after localizer capture• for single autopilot approach, SINGLE CH remains annunciated forentire approach• for dual autopilot approach, SINGLE CH annunciation extinguisheswhen second autopilot engages and FLARE armed is annunciated• glideslope capture occurs at 2/5 dot below glideslope• APP switch light extinguishes after localizer and glideslope capture.

The approach mode arms AFDS to capture and track localizer and glideslope andcan be engaged for dual or single autopilot operation.One VHF NAV receiver must be tuned to an ILS frequency before approach modecan be engaged. With one VHF NAV receiver tuned, onside AFDS is enabled forguidance and operation.For dual autopilot operation, both VHF NAV receivers must be tuned to the ILSfrequency and both autopilots must be selected in CMD prior to 800 feet RA.APP mode operation:• localizer must be captured prior to glideslope• localizer can be intercepted in HDG SEL, LNAV, or CWS R• SINGLE CH annunciates in A/P Status Display after localizer capture• for single autopilot approach, SINGLE CH remains annunciated forentire approach• for dual autopilot approach, SINGLE CH annunciation extinguisheswhen second autopilot engages and FLARE armed is annunciated• glideslope capture occurs at 2/5 dot below glideslope• APP switch light extinguishes after localizer and glideslope capture.
Unless I'm miisinterpreting, I have all of these things (I even get the flare, rollout, and land3 annunciations, but it is to my understanding that with only one cmd active I should get single ch and I'm not getting it. The autoland works perfectly I'm just wondering if why I'm not getting single ch.

Alfredo Terrero

Anyone else having this? Can anyone tell me what I dont have this annunciation? Not that It affects my Autolands, but i just want to make sure my ngx install isnt corrupted or something. I've tried to search but have found nothing on this topic.

Alfredo Terrero

Anyone else having this? Can anyone tell me what I dont have this annunciation? Not that It affects my Autolands, but i just want to make sure my ngx install isnt corrupted or something. I've tried to search but have found nothing on this topic.
I'm getting it as well. I think the logic is coded slightly wrong. We're supposed to have SINGLE CH announciated under those conditions - it isn't working as intended at the moment. You only get SINGLE CH after disconnecting the autopilot then reconnecting, which isn't correct behaviour. Lets hope it can be looked at for SP1. Adam Turley

Check your fail-operational vs. fail-passive option and see what you've got it set to. sig.gif