Sign in to follow this  
Buzz313th

Landing The NGX SABA

Someone commented on my video of landing this plane at St Barts and asked me to give SABA a try. So here it is.

By the way, ST Barts is much more challenging than this one. Mostly because of the hill you gotta deal with on short final. Took off with no payload and 5000 lbs of fuel, so it was as light as you can get it. Originally I tried it with crash detection on, but there is something weird going on with this scenery and this addon. I tried 3 approaches with crash detection on and every single approach ended up with the nose of the aircraft striking some collision box on the scenery about 10 feet before main touchdown, even though the approaches when viewed after the crash looked like they were gonna be good enough to get gear down, they still ended up with a crash detection. So I turned crash detection off to get this video. Durring this landing I had keep my approach pretty level to not pick up speed durring a descent to short final and had to fly the approach with spoilers so I could get the plane to slow below 100 KIAS on short final. The flight model still feels too slick for me while real slow and high aoa. Maybe too much idle thrust or just too slick period. Wish I had actual time in the type and then I could comment with confidence, but I don't, so it's just an oppinion.. Still having fun with the PMDG NGX, looking foreward to the smaller models. JB

Looks like you were about ready to stall going below 100ks. Least I could find in the manual was 108KS with Flaps 40 and 90,000 lbs. landing weight

Seems it will fly at 90 and maybe even less. Not sure what my weight was, but I was about 3k lbs fuel and empty payload. Lightest you can get it for about 4 circuits. JB

Don't you feel guilty flying this Majestic bird like this? lollol
Nahh, don't have the time for long flights right now. Just having a blast handflying it. Did a couple V1 cuts yesterday, had some issues trying to get the timing right for the failure to happen right at V1. Would be nice if they made an option to kill a random engine right at V1. ;) JB

Seems it will fly at 90 and maybe even less. Not sure what my weight was, but I was about 3k lbs fuel and empty payload. Lightest you can get it for about 4 circuits. JB Nahh, don't have the time for long flights right now. Just having a blast handflying it. Did a couple V1 cuts yesterday, had some issues trying to get the timing right for the failure to happen right at V1. Would be nice if they made an option to kill a random engine right at V1. ;) JB
Sweet, I fly myself flying in the Caribbean a lot, Example TNCM > TKPK short 15 minute flights, TJSJ > TAPA those stuff, the jet flies real nice at the Caribbean ;)

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Sweet, I fly myself flying in the Caribbean a lot, Example TNCM > TKPK short 15 minute flights, TJSJ > TAPA those stuff, the jet flies real nice at the Caribbean ;)
Yeah all that water and not so much autogen helps get the frames up a bit... Might have to start flying it a bit more down there. When they release the smaller models and the paint pack, I'm planning on making a cheesy repaint that represents some off the wall island hopping or bush service that flies the 73's. JB

Yeah all that water and not so much autogen helps get the frames up a bit... Might have to start flying it a bit more down there. When they release the smaller models and the paint pack, I'm planning on making a cheesy repaint that represents some off the wall island hopping or bush service that flies the 73's. JB
You can name it:Mr Randazzo's Bush Flying invention, with winglets tongue.png But t would be a nice idea, with dirty textures, and the Short Field Performance upgrades :)

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

You can name it:Mr Randazzo's Bush Flying invention, with winglets tongue.png But t would be a nice idea, with dirty textures, and the Short Field Performance upgrades :)
Yep, looks like we are on the same page... Fly the model to the ground and let the service generated failures dictate some broke items on the MEL you get to fly with.. ;) JB

Yep, looks like we are on the same page... Fly the model to the ground and let the service generated failures dictate some broke items on the MEL you get to fly with.. ;) JB
Exactly! Planes down here in the Caribbean fly with Baggage compartments taped shut.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue