Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

VC no runway lights

Hi Guys reinstalled ngx after hotfix but before and after I have no runway lights illuminating the ground in the VC at dawn or dusk but they are working in 2d panel, any help would be appreciated please.

Rich Sennett

I'm getting the same and I never installed the HotFix. Happened last night at EDDH on Dusk. No external fwd view lights at all in VC, I didn't check 2d as I never go in there...

Put in the word runway bunch of stuff showed up but no answer to this question that I saw ? Nick all lights except taxi before takeoff no illumination beacons working but runway is dark, but they are working in 2d cockpit weird

Rich Sennett

Put in the word runway bunch of stuff showed up but no answer to this question that I saw ? Nick all lights except taxi before takeoff no illumination beacons working but runway is dark, but they are working in 2d cockpit weird
I see- thanks.As Vin said, they don't show up until a FSX specified time I believe. FSX limitation, not the NGX. I think the runway/taxiway lights are on the same timer. If you can't see airport lights, then you can't see landing lights.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Thats weird all my other payware has lights on the runway at dawn and dusk, is that a pmdg choice I noticed the airport lights are on yet no light on runway also why is the 2d panel showing the lights ?Jamal thanks for the help pal

Rich Sennett

Ok, let's get this out of the way: Are the airport lights illuminated? If they aren't, then you can't see taxi/landing lights. Simple as that. I have experienced no abnormal lighting behavior...

Edited by NickC

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Thats weird all my other payware has lights on the runway at dawn and dusk, is that a pmdg choice I noticed the airport lights are on yet no light on runway also why is the 2d panel showing the lights ? Jamal thanks for the help pal
The lighting in this aircraft is quite complex, and frankly, beyond the capabilities of FSX to render in all conditions and time-of-day. We'll take a look at it for SP1, though, and see if we can tweak it to come on a bit earlier.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Hi Vin: Just making sure its not me, so its because of the complexity thats why its different than other payware ? if thats the way it is thats ok buddy im Not Worthy.gif

Rich Sennett

Hi Vin: Just making sure its not me, so its because of the complexity thats why its different than other payware ? if thats the way it is thats ok buddy im%20Not%20Worthy.gif
It's not happening to everyone, but it happens to a handful like yourself. We should be able to get to the bottom of it and get it cleaned up.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg