Sign in to follow this  
travis26

PMDG and FSPS don't get along.

Anybody having issues with fspassenger and the NGX? Everytime there is turbulance my plane gets very laggy. -Travis

It in the introduction says that pmdg does not recommend using anything that changes the weights or fuel. Maybe this is why the ngx and fsps dont work together.

Here's what Ryan had to say.

FS Passengers tries to take over many custom functions that are in our products - we do not recommend using it as the developers have been completely unwilling to work with us to resolve the issues and instead insist we should follow the FSX SDK, which isn't even possible for most functions at the level of simulation we're doing. Doing so would result in inaccurate fuel burn, inaccurate autopilot tracking, inaccurate engine performance etc.

FSPassengers does not work with it. Dan, the owner of FSPassengers as I understand it has not been around the forums to help people for over nine months. There is no point in going over and asking for help either. I asked for help with an unrelated issue and got no where. Well, there was the one member who insulted me but that certainly didn't fix the issue I was having. Anyway I decided not to continue seeking help since the 737NGX doesn't need it to handle fuel and weights.

Edward Smoker Sr.

Fspassengers does not work on me 737NGX, when it starts up to load passengers, it just locks me computer, can anybody tell me why? Peter

TO begin with make sure you DISABLE fuel and weight loading from relevant menu/dialog.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Do the above ^ FSPA works for me but it was getting a little old so I upgraded :) There is another program from Hi-Fi Simulations though that's called X Pax and it's amazing!

No one is excited to calm down but anyway how do you manage to get it to work with the PMDG 737NGX? Also please notice the forum rules and that you are asked to always sign your name; same for you EMV. Also, EMV, if you disable the weight and fuel aren't you defeating the point of FSPax which is a program that loads fuel and the weight of baggage/cargo and passengers? So if you have no weight or fuel being tracked/loaded, which also means no passengers because they have weight, what are you running FSPax for; the brake sound?

Edward Smoker Sr.

On PMDG aircraft one should always disable weight and fuel! I never got it to work with it! You use FSPassengers for the soundbites and the virtual airline and ranking and stuff. But not for loading your aircraft!! There are far better programs for that (Topcat, when it works with the NGX). It´s a shame that the developer isn´t concerned about his costumers and is providing zero support! Also for not willing to work with PMDG....shame on you!

Fspassengers does work for me. Load the fuel in the ngx first, load fspax with destination etc, while in flight hide the information panel (fspax) so that when the flight information changes it doesn't cause lags and stutters. At least this what I do and it's fine.Chris Farrell

Good points, Oliver, I do miss the callouts at 10k. Forgive me for asking but how are you getting it to work? You said disable fuel and weight which is done by... not loading fuel or pax? I can't envision the process you are using, hope you don't mind my asking.

Edward Smoker Sr.

Its sort of funny I've seen two posts where people are telling the PMDG Development GURU to sign his name per forum rules. I don't think they are going to delete EMV's post guys; he is the brains behind the aircraft. Some people just need to fly instead of being hall monitor. :)

Sean Green

I did use FSP, but as noted the developer has seemingly abandoned the product. I recently moved over to FSCaptain, it's a good program, strongly recommend that you give the free demo ago.

Ian R Tyldesley