Sign in to follow this  
travis26

PMDG and FSPS don't get along.

Its sort of funny I've seen two posts where people are telling the PMDG Development GURU to sign his name per forum rules. I don't think they are going to delete EMV's post guys; he is the brains behind the aircraft. Some people just need to fly instead of being hall monitor. :)
Hall monitor? If you are alluding to me, and you must be, I was trying to be polite and helpful to a person whom I did not know. I try to never assume things, such as people knowing the forum rules to post names and people knowing who everyone is. If being polite and helpful makes me a hall monitor then I am proud to have that title. I may have been a member for a while but you'll notice my lack of posts. I only made an account to access the library. Now that I own this excellent plane I have a reason to participate in discussions and ask my questions. Thank you,Ed happy.png

Edward Smoker Sr.

i have disable fuel and weight but when i load a flight (i sue klm 738...dont know if this does matter) fsx crash. dont know what to do

hi can u pls help me to figure out fspassenger with 737? everytime i load a flight inside fspassenger the sim crash. ive disable everythign inside fspassenger but doesnt work

Fspassengers does work for me. Load the fuel in the ngx first, load fspax with destination etc, while in flight hide the information panel (fspax) so that when the flight information changes it doesn't cause lags and stutters. At least this what I do and it's fine. Chris Farrell

FSPassengers does not work with it. Dan, the owner of FSPassengers as I understand it has not been around the forums to help people for over nine months. There is no point in going over and asking for help either. I asked for help with an unrelated issue and got no where. Well, there was the one member who insulted me but that certainly didn't fix the issue I was having. Anyway I decided not to continue seeking help since the 737NGX doesn't need it to handle fuel and weights.
I went to the forum to check out if the NGX works with it because I had issues with the demo on the MD-11, all I saw was a random thread made specifically to trash the NGX (for whatever reason), so I closed the tab and that was the end of that.

Good points, Oliver, I do miss the callouts at 10k. Forgive me for asking but how are you getting it to work? You said disable fuel and weight which is done by... not loading fuel or pax? I can't envision the process you are using, hope you don't mind my asking.
I haven´t used it with the NGX so far, but with the MD-11 it helped to disable fuel and weight in the options from FSPassengers. So you load your plane with passengers and fuel via the CDU with the NGX and then start FSP, so you have the flight recording and passenger reactions but not the problem with CG out of place and so on.

hi can u pls help me to figure out fspassenger with 737? everytime i load a flight inside fspassenger the sim crash. ive disable everythign inside fspassenger but doesnt work
When I disabled load fuel and weight it crashed the sim, so I don't recommend that. Instead set up the fuel and payload on the NGX first and then load up fspassengers, put in pax, set desination, but do not touch the fuel and then load em up. Works for me every time.

I've been using FSPassengers since the launch of the NGX without ANY problem. What I do: In the NGX FMC: set pax to empy, fuel to what needed. Start FSPax: do NOT change fuel, set passengers, set destination and duration of flight ... et voilà. No strange behaviour , no CTD, etc ... Coincidence ? You decide.

@VIPERGTSR01: That's sad to hear. I was commenting in one thread that had the same bashing tone so maybe we are thinking of the same one. @DavidLeeSmith: I don't think I understand what you are saying? Are you saying that because FSPassengers is several years old and does not play nicely with the PMDG 737NGX it must be the 737's fault? I'm sorry if that is what you think but you could not be more wrong. The 737 is modern and FSPax is the problem. How can you possibly say "this sim is a nightmare" because FSPax is has some odd issues? Really I don't mean to sound short with you but that's like getting a new car to replace your old broken one and saying the new car is a piece of trash because it does everything it's supposed to do. What about "Microsoft Flight"? What do you think that's going to do for you? FSPax surely will not run on it, then what happens, are you going to declare MS Flight a "nightmare sim" and wait for the next iteration? Seriously let us help you, what are the issues? Is the 737 working fine except when you try to run FSPax?

I haven´t used it with the NGX so far, but with the MD-11 it helped to disable fuel and weight in the options from FSPassengers. So you load your plane with passengers and fuel via the CDU with the NGX and then start FSP, so you have the flight recording and passenger reactions but not the problem with CG out of place and so on.
Thank you! I did get it running a while back; however, other then the brake sounds there is nothing that FSPax does which I don't get from the PMDG FMC load screen. I can live without the brake sounds. If you are wondering about the V1, Vr, V2, 10k feet callouts I get those from my VA's ACARS. It would be nice to track pilot career and pax happiness; however, after weighing the pros and cons I decided the pleasure of flying the 737 was worth not tracking those two items.

Edward Smoker Sr.

fatal error---i give up...this sim is a nightmare....i just wait microsoft flight
Can you write down exactly what you are doing so we can see if something is amiss, that way we can point you in a better direction to get your issue sorted.

ive tried everything like: ive disable failure in fspassengerpayload and fuelset zero pax and fuel in pmdgafter few seconds loading the sim crash

Can you write down exactly what you are doing so we can see if something is amiss, that way we can point you in a better direction to get your issue sorted.

OK. With the NGX loaded put everything in Fspassengers back to default settings. Do not disable anything in the settings or via the FSpax cfg files. Restart fsx and then load up the NGX What happens?

Are you getting a message about an unregistered copy of FSP?

Ian R Tyldesley