Sign in to follow this  
VirginAus737

FSX PC Wishlist

I want SRT so it can speed the whole system up. But will it speed up FSX or am I better off putting money towards Ivy Bridge upgrades.
The Ivy bridge...yeah here we go again, Socket 2015, Intel says they are locking into this socket for 10 years..we will see.I personally am waiting to see what the specs are on this, upgrade the cpu and motherboard and wait.

trust me, if they are shrinking the size of the transistors, you can fit more in giving better performance. The tri-gate will also help a lot.

Of course it has 6gig SATA. I think the monitor will just give me a better feeling in FSX. It won't help with FPS is what I mean. a second loading the textures, small price to pay IMO.
Yeah, nothing is cheap these days. The SSD will speed up everything not just FSX, maybe try looking at the "hybrid Hard Drives" spinning disk and Solid State. They are said to be 80% faster than traditional hard drives, 500g for 149.00 US

Yeah I know, thats why I am going for SRT.put it this way, I got a 17" LCD analog. Option of a nice 24" LED or a SSD which probably will speed up system but FSX not so much. I have used a 1080p screen and performance is better.