Sign in to follow this  
andy_rulz_94

ALT Disagree?

Hey Guys, Im flying out of brisbane for canberra in Aus today and the PFS says im at 5000 feet now i know im actually at 15000 feet and just above were the green alimeter on the PFD it says ALT Disagree. Help Please?? Andy

Got the same problem. Tried it tree times now.

Isn't there realy anyone who have heard about this problem.I know the alarm IRL, comes when there is a altitude disagreement on more than 300 ft. between capt.and fo's display, but that is not the problem here.Please help us.Ole D.

Is the altimeter set correctly?

i dont think someone is setting the altimeter to a difference of 10000 feet. do you notice anything else that is unusual? do you guys have some weather addon? describe a bit better whats going on there,.. what route, how do you proceed?

You'd be surprised.

1. yes, the altimeter is set correctly. - both of them. 2. Everything seem to be working correctly untill a litlle after start, - I didn't notice the high. Then the message "alt disagree" appears in yellow in the PFD display in the botton of the alt. tape, and the altimeter (in the PDF) starts to move very slow. It seems that the stand-by altimeter is showing the correct altitude. In about 400 feet, I engage the autopilot and the plane is increacing the altitude, I gues the autopilot is following the PFD altimeter, cause it don't stop when reacing the altitude set in the MCP.I've been flying both off- and on-line. I tried with severel different flight planes.I hope this can give you a hint about something. Praying.gif Ole D.

I am having problem with PFD. Cruising FL330, TOD no descent, Then found standby altimeter showed 25000 and descending. Had to select 2D cockpit then back to VC to get reading. This in the NGX. Problem now occurring in the 744 PMDG. Looks like same problem as Andy above.

You'd be surprised.
I think you must be setting the record for most posts in a given time - averaging 54 a day! Beats my 0.06 or so! lol!

Anthony Milner

Hey Guys, Im flying out of brisbane for canberra in Aus today and the PFS says im at 5000 feet now i know im actually at 15000 feet and just above were the green alimeter on the PFD it says ALT Disagree. Help Please?? Andy
Hello, Try setting the units of measure parameter in the General settings of FSX to U.S. System I had the same problem and found out that Capt PFD displayed altitude in meters but the F/O in feets. I hope it helps,Balázs Patyi

you just need to look closer at the altimeter.. The thousands unit is directly on top of the rectangular box around the hundreds values...It might be a video aspect issue. maybe..

IS anyone using the Hotfixes? At this stage I am not, so as not to confuse the issues.
Might be why you're seeing some freeze in the panel; the hotfix addresses this.

you just need to look closer at the altimeter.. The thousands unit is directly on top of the rectangular box around the hundreds values...It might be a video aspect issue. maybe..
Which post are you referring to?