Sign in to follow this  
andy_rulz_94

ALT Disagree?

As already stated, go into the settings of FSX and change away to IMPERIAL. I thought I was on imperial as well untill I got this aircraft. There is 3 settings in there if I recall correctly Metric, Imperial and a sort of mixed up one. I was on the mixed up one. If you notice, when your altimeter says 1000 you are actually at 3280feet. There are 3.28 feet to the metre.

Which post are you referring to?
The original post in this thread. However I did mostly skim over it and missed the part about the alt disagree..

Alternatively did you by any chance accidently click the switch that changes between metres and feet. its just to the left of the subscale knob if I recall correctly. There are other options in the PMDG part of the FMC related to altimeter setup I think.

Alternatively did you by any chance accidently click the switch that changes between metres and feet. its just to the left of the subscale knob if I recall correctly. There are other options in the PMDG part of the FMC related to altimeter setup I think.
I think I would have noticed that. If you read my post the altimeter in PFD is frozen while the standby alt is working

Hi Delta, I was directing my advice to the OP and anyone else that might have problems with this aspect of the sim, obviously this would not apply to you.

Hi Delta, I was directing my advice to the OP and anyone else that might have problems with this aspect of the sim, obviously this would not apply to you.
No worries, cheers!

Hello, Try setting the units of measure parameter in the General settings of FSX to U.S. System I had the same problem and found out that Capt PFD displayed altitude in meters but the F/O in feets. I hope it helps,Balázs Patyi
Thats it - that did..... Applause.gifI've just testet this one time, but everything looked perfect. Big Grin.gif Thank you for your help everyone.im Not Worthy.gif

Glad your sorted. When it happened to me on my first flight I thought I had some sort of static pressure line problem! And I was thinking, wow this is one hell of a good sim!

hi guys I had the same problem just changeto us metric system in the FSX menu and problem gone Panos
The problem is gone to me, thanks!

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Game control: Home Cockpit, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S.