Sign in to follow this  
VIPERGTSR01

Service life based failure

I have been flying mostly with the Virgin Blue 800WL VH-VUV aircraft and when I started like all of the aircraft I has 250hours until first service, well I got that down a fair bit and then the hot fix came. As suggested I uninstalled the liveries fearing my hours would get reset and they did but I would live with it, I also decided while I was at it I would fix my read only issue with the livery manager which worked out ok, However now when ever I do a flight and rack up some hours and complete the flight, when I return for another flight the hours are reset and are not saving anymore sad.png Anyone have any idea what going on or anyone know of a config file (can't find anything in the aircraft.cfg) or something I can edit to put my service life hours back to what they were? I am concerned if they keep resetting I will never need to do any servicing and failures will never occur (unless I force them).

i think the files you need are in Prgram Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight simulator/PMDG/PMDG737NGX/Aircraft just the ini file that belongs to your aircrafts registration. The problem is they may change some of the data in there as they fix items. Would be nice if there was a official backup program though. What I would really love to see is a system like the Katana Diamond (Aerosoft) has that randomly sets up the aircraft as if it was being flown by someone else when you are not there in the case of an Airliner you dont fly just one aircraft when you work for a Airline so really there should be some randomness in the system. this would give you an aircraft that needs checking to make sure its usable before a flight.

thats a terrific idea andrew, i would love to see that. not that i like failures, but the added realism makes for a better sim pilot. i wonder how aerosoft does that with their diamond if its a program or what. might not be too hard to implement for the ngx.

i think the files you need are in Prgram Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight simulator/PMDG/PMDG737NGX/Aircraft just the ini file that belongs to your aircrafts registration. The problem is they may change some of the data in there as they fix items. Would be nice if there was a official backup program though. What I would really love to see is a system like the Katana Diamond (Aerosoft) has that randomly sets up the aircraft as if it was being flown by someone else when you are not there in the case of an Airliner you dont fly just one aircraft when you work for a Airline so really there should be some randomness in the system. this would give you an aircraft that needs checking to make sure its usable before a flight.
Thank you that looks to be the files, I can see all the times I installed the aircraft frame as it adds a number to the end of the registration, I noticed the same number on the end of the registration in the aircraft.cfg so I should be able to get my original airframe hours back thanks :) Also great idea about the randomness.

Great Idea.. JB

Thank you that looks to be the files, I can see all the times I installed the aircraft frame as it adds a number to the end of the registration, I noticed the same number on the end of the registration in the aircraft.cfg so I should be able to get my original airframe hours back thanks :) Also great idea about the randomness.
Ahh, no matter how I edit in a attempt to get my hours back it always resets to 250, how frustrating.

would be nice to see that simulated where you could possibly even open up the last few pages of the aircraft logbook and see random failures that had occurred in the past or if anything was maybe on MEL like a real world airliner would during normal ops. like someone said before this would be part of the preflight and require checking.

Anthony Saraceno

the only problem with having a random aircraft set up is that most of the time (not all the time), the crews shut down the airplane in a standard way. Its not a ga aircraft which you can rent out. the crews were trained to shut down the aircraft per SOPs and no other way.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda