Sign in to follow this  
ajpongress

ND terrain - is this normal?

I had terrain active on approach into Miami tonight, and suddenly I saw this: ngx_NDterrain_bug.png Is that normal?Turning off terrain removes all that green, but flipping it back on just makes it reappear.

mmm maybe iam wrong but i think that water displayed on the dislay have u got it set to on in ur options at all if u havnt than it not water being displayed

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

mmm maybe iam wrong but i think that water displayed on the dislay have u got it set to on in ur options at all if u havnt than it not water being displayed
Water would display in cyan if you had that option set.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Water would display in cyan if you had that option set.
yep u right

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

AJ, did you have add-on scenery here?
Nope.All default. And no I don't have 'display water as cyan' turned on.

I had terrain active on approach into Miami tonight, and suddenly I saw this: ngx_NDterrain_bug.png Is that normal?Turning off terrain removes all that green, but flipping it back on just makes it reappear.
Yes, it is normal !! Terrain DisplayColor and density vary based on terrain height vs. airplane altitude:• dotted green: terrain from 2,000 feet below to 500 feet (250 feet with geardown) below the airplane’s current altitude

Yes, it is normal !! Terrain DisplayColor and density vary based on terrain height vs. airplane altitude:• dotted green: terrain from 2,000 feet below to 500 feet (250 feet with geardown) below the airplane’s current altitude
Uh... I still don't see how that's normal. Four reasons why:1. It's not at all dotted, but seems pretty solid to me.2. He's at 10,000 feet3. You can see the highest point shown by the terrain peak numbers is 100 feet.4. It's highly unlikely that it's so extremely flat LOL.Definitely a glitch. P.S. On a mobile- I'd add smileys if I could!

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

ok i just produced this on mine flight just than when i selected my range to less than 5 it came up all solid green when i expanded it it went back to normal again dotted i was at fl340 so will try again when at lower level to see if i can produce it again so this mite be normal indication

Peter kelberg

Here is the decoding of the solid green colour on the EGPWS.According to Honeywell's manual, with terrain peaks mode on, solid green means:Shown only when no Red or Yellow terrain areas are within range on the display.Highest terrain not within 500 (250 with gear down) feet of aircraft altitude. Even though this might describe your situation, I highly doubt that the terrain is actually that flat. You should be getting a combination of dotted green and solid green.

Adjusting MFD range to a higher value (+5NM) gets rid of the green for me. I ran across this taking off KMIA RWY36 with range set to 5NM. I'm thinking this is a feature, not a bug.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules