Sign in to follow this  
BIGSKY

Flightlevel Change Mode

Hi all, when I am in flight level change,and want to get down fast with spoilers, isn't she supposed to pitch for selected speed?Why is my rate of decent no greater than 1500FPM?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Hi all, when I am in flight level change,and want to get down fast with spoilers, isn't she supposed to pitch for selected speed?Why is my rate of decent no greater than 1500FPM?
Why are you using spoilers ???

Because I want to increase my rate of decent to get down quicker.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Because I want to increase my rate of decent to get down quicker.
Spoilers are for slowing you down ??

You know what he means... No need to be smart. Slats. Sigh

Why are you using spoilers ???
I'm sure that skydivers don't actually need a parachute, they just want to enjoy the view a little slower. Face = Palm

Well... no?? Think about descending and maintaining speed by pitch, extending the speed brakes will increase V/S by not allowing to pick up speed, no? All about energy management, in one way or another?? sig.gif

Spoilers are for what their name implies. They spoil lift that the wing generates. So you are getting a higher rate of decent due to the wing not making as much lift. They arent speed brakes.

Spoilers are for what their name implies. They spoil lift that the wing generates. So you are getting a higher rate of decent due to the wing not making as much lift. They arent speed brakes.
They are speedbrakes, sir. The lever in the cockpit says SPDBRK, the annunciator over the ND says SPEEDBRAKE ARMED, so they sure are speedbrakes. Point is, BIGSKY must be used to bad simulations like the iFly that allow full speedbrake availability in flight so he can descent with -3500fpm in FLCH with speedbrakes up. This isn't the case in reallife and thus in the 737NGX. In flight the speedbrakes can only be deflected for like 45%. So you have to plan your descent better in order to prevent you from the need of steep descending as this will cause your IAS to climb even with speedbrakes up. This is also the real deal. So BIGSKY, plan your descent better!

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

Hi,Not sure if you're referring to the 800... but if you are give the 900 a try. Not my idea but the 900 is different beast and not as slick.Descent planning is something that I'll need to adjust to for a while yet!Carl Beeby