Sign in to follow this  
SignalsRushFan

Can my rig run the NGX reasonably?

Hi, after seeing the PMDG 737NGX pictures and videos, I am considering going out and buying FSX in order to fly this one plane! My system.... Intel i5-2300 @ 2.8 GHz8GB of GDDR-3 RAMATI Radeon HD 6570 with 1GB of VRAM(if you need any more info, just tell me) Basically, I want to get 25-30 FPS on average. I would like my graphics to be as high as possible, but I'm willing to lower the airport scenery, cloud numbers, water detail, etc. in order to fly this plane. I certainly don't need traffic on at all! With that said, do you all think my computer can handle this aircraft? If not, how about any of the other PMDG stuff? Thanks!

If you're not running a lot of addon scenery you should be ok. Most of us struggling with framerates are running payware scenery, clouds & airports which are much higher resolution than the stock textures. That and other apps like FS Commander. My biggest frame killer is spanning the VC across 3 monitors...

I think you'll do just fine...your system is way newer than mine. I'm running Vista 32-bit on a Dell XPS M1710 laptop from 2006 (Core2Duo 2Ghz, 4g ram (just added 2 more gigs today), Nvidia 7950GTX 512mb) and I'm getting about 20fps with moderate scenery and dense autogen. In fact, I just lifted off from PAKT (Alaska) with moderate cloud cover with 24fps and very smooth terrain flow. I run ASE and Air Hauler beside it as well. Been flying a single session, multi-stop for about 8 hours now...zero troubles, lol