Sign in to follow this  
TexXxan91

In flight CTD's

I'm getting really tired of seeing this. Anyone got any suggestions? I'm all out of ideas... Fault bucket 557280854, type 1Event Name: APPCRASHResponse: Not availableCab Id: 0 Problem signature:P1: fsx.exeP2: 10.0.61637.0P3: 46fadb14P4: g3d.dllP5: 10.0.61637.0P6: 46fadb58P7: c0000005P8: 000ba79fP9: P10: Attached files:C:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG.txtC:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dxdiag.txtC:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfgC:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fdr.datC:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xmlC:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7B3D.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml These files may be available here:C:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_ccde19ec6295a2f68477f7cf1ac1c47758ebdf_03838e11 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0Report Id: 8223a958-c561-11e0-9c46-002522b43301Report Status: 0 It's always the g3d.dll so something is not being rendered properly and it's always over Orbx scenery. I've attached my CFG if any of you wanna check my tweaks. Tried Usepools=1, but it didn't matter. Specs are in the sig.

Also, I have my display settings configured as per the instructions in the NGX Introduction with the exception of Water @ Medium 2.x, AG @ Dense, and Scenery Complexity @ Very Dense. Airline Traffic is at 50% (Using WOAI)GA at 50%Cars and boats at 15% AA is done by Inspector using NickN's settings. AA=8xS I am no longer using the ENB Mod as it gave me d3d9.dll crashes when accessing menus but I am using the FPS Limiter 2.0. Also using REX2.

I'm getting really tired of seeing this. Anyone got any suggestions? I'm all out of ideas... Fault bucket 557280854, type 1Event Name: APPCRASHResponse: Not availableCab Id: 0 Problem signature:P1: fsx.exeP2: 10.0.61637.0P3: 46fadb14P4: g3d.dllP5: 10.0.61637.0P6: 46fadb58P7: c0000005P8: 000ba79fP9: P10: Attached files:C:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG.txtC:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dxdiag.txtC:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfgC:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fdr.datC:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xmlC:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7B3D.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml These files may be available here:C:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_ccde19ec6295a2f68477f7cf1ac1c47758ebdf_03838e11 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0Report Id: 8223a958-c561-11e0-9c46-002522b43301Report Status: 0 It's always the g3d.dll so something is not being rendered properly and it's always over Orbx scenery. I've attached my CFG if any of you wanna check my tweaks. Tried Usepools=1, but it didn't matter. Specs are in the sig.
where bouts u fly same spot all the time

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

i would love to know if this solution did the trick for other people as well? I will try it anyway.

Well I deleted all the entries in the cfg and let it rebuild. I did some flying around YCFS and I didn't get a crash but I'm not so sure if that fixed it. I wasn't flying for very long. I'll do some more flying around Seattle later today and see what happens. Hope for the best. Praying.gif

i also am experiencing this!!!! im glad im not the only one tired of this i hope a fix is coming i dont know what to do

trey, see that you use REX. which texture size? asking since I had OOM and even a BSD withORBX. Then I reduced the texture size of REX back to 1024 (guess I had 2048 if not 4096 before) and since then (knock knock) no issues. And graphics are still fine btw. right now as I write this descending to coffs harbour...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I've been using 4096 res textures but I know I have flown sometimes with it at 1024. Never really noticed if it crashed or not with the res at 1024. I guess I'll try that too. Good call.

I've been using 4096 res textures but I know I have flown sometimes with it at 1024. Never really noticed if it crashed or not with the res at 1024. I guess I'll try that too. Good call.
try and report back. I am interested to see whether it works for you (too). Also, I use the nvidiainspector settings Ryan posted in the general forum...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I will report back later tonight. I'm bout to go do some real flying right now. PPL training smile.png

It is almost certain that you are running out of virtual address space...4GB's data (scenery, panel, clouds, animated objects etc) + mapped video memory is the FSX limit, regardless of how much physical memory you have installed...

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

It almost certain that you are run out of virtual address space...4GB's data (scenery, panel, clouds, animated objects etc) + mapped video memory is the FSX limit, regardless of how much physical memory you have installed...
could be. as I just had yet another great fligth with the ngx. landed safely at coffs harbour . plane now secured for the night. and yes, those having OOM or possibly CTD and run REX + possibly other addon scenery, pls check your REX texture size. 1024 really does not look bad ;-). pmdg, spread the word

Phil Leaven

Well I just completed a flight from KSEA-KPDX without ANY crashes! I set up my route so that I flew back over the SEA VOR trans from my dep procedure so I essentially flew over Seattle twice. I set my TML to 1024 like you said Phil, and I wasn't running ENB or the FPS Limiter. 1024 really doesn't look that bad, it's a fair compromise for complete flights. I hope this wasn't just a coincidence so I'm gonna do another flight from SFO-SEA. If that doesn't cause a crash, I don't know what will. I'll also enable the FPS Limiter and see if that affects anything. Will report back. Thanks Phil! Applause.gif