Sign in to follow this  
TexXxan91

In flight CTD's

Well I just completed a flight from KSEA-KPDX without ANY crashes! Applause.gif
Great news. Wish you luck with the other flight. Hope your crashes will be cured

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

It didn't work..... sad.png g3d.dll crash right when I passed through 12000 ft on approach to KSEA... This is really starting to ###### me off. I can't imagine my scenery settings are too high. They're lower than what PMDG recommends. I got my TML on 1024 too. I added these lines into the cfg under [sCENERY] before started the flight: ShowMissingTextureAlert=0MissingLibraryAlert=1ShowTriggers=0 And I noticed that before it crashed, a missing library alert box popped up during my approach initially and I hit ok and it went back to the flight. Then it showed up again passing through 12000 but this time before I could hit ok, the sim crashed... Do you think it's the fps limiter? I guess I'll try without it but I really got a lot smoother performance with it. hmm....

HA! Did another flight from PDX-SEA and lo and behold, no CTDs! What did I change? I took out the Antilag FPS Limiter! I can't believe that darn thing has been screwing up everything! Yeah my frame rates are a tiny bit more jumpy but only in heavy scenery areas, everywhere else is smooth so it's not worth crying about. Maybe I'll bump up my CPU overclock a little more so I can get those extra frames back.

I'm getting really tired of seeing this. Anyone got any suggestions? I'm all out of ideas... Fault bucket 557280854, type 1Event Name: APPCRASHResponse: Not availableCab Id: 0 Problem signature:P1: fsx.exeP2: 10.0.61637.0P3: 46fadb14P4: g3d.dllP5: 10.0.61637.0P6: 46fadb58P7: c0000005P8: 000ba79fP9: P10: Attached files:C:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG.txtC:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dxdiag.txtC:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfgC:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fdr.datC:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xmlC:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7B3D.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml These files may be available here:C:\Users\Trey Akins\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_ccde19ec6295a2f68477f7cf1ac1c47758ebdf_03838e11 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0Report Id: 8223a958-c561-11e0-9c46-002522b43301Report Status: 0 It's always the g3d.dll so something is not being rendered properly and it's always over Orbx scenery. I've attached my CFG if any of you wanna check my tweaks. Tried Usepools=1, but it didn't matter. Specs are in the sig.
Based on ongoing OOM, BSOD, CTD's ...whatever, I digged in to the past posts and gave it a try to get the events visibleRead the full story and (my) resolution HERE and btw: it IS the g3d.dll >>

Same problem here but I am running default scenery. It happens during various phases of flight but it usually happens when I right-click to change vc views.