Sign in to follow this  
R Hardman

Had to switch off realistic AP

Seems the realistic AP was too sensitive on this flight. Tried a flight from CYLW to CYYC and after 5 unsuccessful attemps to engage the AP after I started to climb I finally turned off the realistic AP. 1st attempt after that, the flight was smooth from departure to touch down. Even the desent was smooth as glass with speed well in check. Only thing I could figure out that may be the issue is I had to do a 160° turn after departure to proceed on course (was on a straight and level climb when trying to engage AP). Everything was by the checklists. Anyone else experiancing this?

The aircraft must be properly trimmed to engage the autopilot if you have it set for realistic functioning.

The aircraft must be properly trimmed to engage the autopilot if you have it set for realistic functioning.
+1 and above 400ft agl as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

True. It still wouldn't engage here under certain (unreproducable) circumstances - that was when I thought about this very option and guess what - it didn't do anything. Checked failures (might have been a broken FCC) but nothing. Hmmm. Thinking.gifsig.gif

FYI... trimmed, level, +400, centered. No failures... everything was by the book 5 times from a C&D state. I had 6 flights prior with no problems. All were different routes but i noticed the departures were all withine 90 degrees of the initial route. This one was 160+. I'll will be trying my next flight with realistic AP on so I can see if it can be reproduced.