Sign in to follow this  
Jannier

Taxi thrust problem?

Hi, I have run into a odd situation.CH Flightsim Yoke and CH Rudder Pedals (calibrated)FSX AccelerationNO FSUIPC installed:Aircraft 800WL @ MaxGWI have to give around 39% N1 to get the aircraft moving, and have to keep 35-36% N1 to hold taxi, anything less then she runs to a stop. FSUIPC Installed, ONLY Brakes calibrated with FSUIPC -7008 ; 8160Now I only need to add 25% N1 to start taxi and 23% N1 to hold taxi. What am I doing wrong with the NO FSUIPC installed problem, or does the plane need around 36 - 40% N1 to taxi at MaxGW? Thanks

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Hi, I have run into a odd situation.CH Flightsim Yoke and CH Rudder Pedals (calibrated)FSX AccelerationNO FSUIPC installed: Now I only need to add 25% N1 to start taxi and 23% N1 to hold taxi.
There the numbers that work for me every time.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

OK I have discovered what caused this!on FSX controller setup my CH Pedals was set to default (reset default) I moved the brake sensitivity to max and whalha.. problem solved. Now the $1 000 000 question and I did not find it in the introduction pdf, what settings did the developer used when programming this.Can we get a screenshot please from the Developers on there Yoke and rudder setting?

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Well I don't know, but I think she taxies beautifully. Little thrust needed to get her going and she will easily keep rolling for quite a while at idle. Add a bit of thrust every once and then and after turns to let her stay moving, that's it. Feels pretty good IMHO. sig.gif

Well I don't know, but I think she taxies beautifully. Little thrust needed to get her going and she will easily keep rolling for quite a while at idle. Add a bit of thrust every once and then and after turns to let her stay moving, that's it. Feels pretty good IMHO. sig.gif
Yes of course now after I have discovered and adjusted the sensitivity settings.

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Guest alexmorph3us

Guys I have a problem with the NGX.After I start the engines I've noticed that they spool up at around 24 % and once I release parking brake the plane starts moving by itself and I find it difficult to control it especially during turns when my ground speed keeps increasing without moving the throttle from idle.What do you think might be the problem?

Yes of course now after I have discovered and adjusted the sensitivity settings.
Against the teams wishes, I calibrate my brake axis through FSUIPC with a simple curve set up. I had this issue in a few other aircraft long before the NGX, so it's worked great considering I've used it for 6 years.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I just bought teh new Saitek pro fighter yoke to replace the CH Products Pro pedals. It cost me $200 but are much better. I had a hell of a time setting up the brakes. It seemed the brakes were on when released and offf when I pressed them. I had to use the "reverse acting option" in FSX > controls to get them right. Nothing is FSUIPC seemed to work. That did the trick and now the brakes and nose steering work fine. I also use a joy stick for the tiller (set up in FSUIPC). I ordered the new 767 throttles from Throttletek to replace my PFC throttles. Now I have a CH Products Pro Pedals and a nice PFC throttle set doing nothing - I guess I'll sell them on EBAY.

Paul Gugliotta

I just bought teh new Saitek pro fighter yoke to replace the CH Products Pro pedals. It cost me $200 but are much better. I had a hell of a time setting up the brakes. It seemed the brakes were on when released and offf when I pressed them. I had to use the "reverse acting option" in FSX > controls to get them right. Nothing is FSUIPC seemed to work. That did the trick and now the brakes and nose steering work fine. I also use a joy stick for the tiller (set up in FSUIPC). I ordered the new 767 throttles from Throttletek to replace my PFC throttles. Now I have a CH Products Pro Pedals and a nice PFC throttle set doing nothing - I guess I'll sell them on EBAY.
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but do you have any idea if the G-737 G-Throttle works with the NGX?

Guys I have a problem with the NGX.After I start the engines I've noticed that they spool up at around 24 % and once I release parking brake the plane starts moving by itself and I find it difficult to control it especially during turns when my ground speed keeps increasing without moving the throttle from idle.What do you think might be the problem?
Take a look in the CDU under PMDG setup, aircraft, failures and see if there are any failures announced?If you see any just select the option to Clear All.

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Hi Alexmorph3us, Are you at a very low weight? From jumpseat trips on 'classics' I recall that they would need a nudge of power to start rolling (move off the flatspot) and at light weights a taxi speed would be maintained or increase slightly at idle thrust - needing an occasional dab of brake to avoid speeding. Don't know how this compares with NGs tho'. cheers,Chris.

My initail guess would be throttle axis not calibrated. Check using the tool tip to see what the throttle setting is when you have the lever set to idle. If it is not 0%, then you have a calibration issue. Andrew