Sign in to follow this  
siggie

New Rig For FSX and PMDG 737 NGX

Hi Guys About to take the plunge from FS2004 to FSX and purchase the PMDG 737 NGX. Will the following system run smoothly with a few Aerosoft and UK 2000 scenery ad-dons and Active Sky Evolution. From all the topics i have sifted through, i think i should fine. Just want some input before i outlay the cash. I5 2500 - 3.30GHZ CPU8GB DDR3-1333 RamnVidia GeForce GTX550Ti 1GB Gfx CardGigabyte Odin 585W PSUSeagate Baracuda 2 TB SATA2 HDDIntel H67 MBOWindows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Thanks in advance Siggie

I'd stay away from that machine. You really want to be looking at the 2500K, as this will allow proper overclocking to the sort of speeds that will allow FSX to run well. I'd also avoid the 550ti and try to aim for a 560ti as a minimum. I bet that machine is hugely overpriced too, so you could no doubt get much more for your money. What's your budget?

If you are on a budget then that is the best that you can do but I would save on your RAM as you won't need that much, and go for the 2500k and a p67 or Z68. Also save on your storage and and only get a 500W PSU, it'll do you fine. Make sure you are getting Windows 7 OEM.

Yaya everyone says 2500k

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Yaya everyone says 2500k
Very good reasons. Mine is at 4.5GHz and I haven't really tried to overclock.

If you are on a budget then that is the best that you can do but I would save on your RAM as you won't need that much, and go for the 2500k and a p67 or Z68. Also save on your storage and and only get a 500W PSU, it'll do you fine. Make sure you are getting Windows 7 OEM.
500W PSU? Please tell me you're not serious..... 700W minimum for overclocking. And 8GB really is necessary if you're going to be running photoscenery or similar addons (REX, GEX etc) Edited by DiannaAgron

Hi,If you are ok a budget of say 500-600$ then that is really good, of possible to spend just a tad more you should go 2500k and a z68 board. Booster has the tz68+ which has the best price:performance ratio. Maybe increase that psu to a 600w if possible. For the Ngx which my friend runs on his computer with lower specs can easily get it to 33 fps average on full sliders.

500W PSU? Please tell me you're not serious..... 700W minimum for overclocking. And 8GB really is necessary if you're going to be running photoscenery or similar addons (REX, GEX etc)
500W if your not overclocking that much. Try this: http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine I was able to do it with a 4.0GHz overclock and only have a wattage of 344W. A good quality 500W PSU would do you just fine.

I would never go to a PSU calculator site because they are very inaccurate. Also, 500W gives you practically zero headroom on a 4.5+ OC. Headroom is really important, especially if you're going to have a big chunky GPU such as the 560,570,580.

He said he was going to go for a GTX 550Ti. Even if he went for a GTX 560 he would be fine. How much system building have you done, oh, you bought from Dell. I think 150W is plenty of headroom even with a GTX 560 or 4.5GHz. If you go Corsair they will be efficient and reliable.

Excuse me? Are you patronizing me? Lets see.... 1333MHz Ram? UD3P motherboard? Caviar Blue HD? Somebody doesn't know very much about matching components if you think a OCd 2500k, GTX570 and 1333MHz ram matches well. I think you need to go into depth and learn what FSX REALLY uses, and compare it to what your brain tells you. Why is it that Dazz, and other forum regulars who have been here for years, all recommend minimum 700W? If you think running along to a simple online calculator that is extremely inaccurate counts as knowledge then I think you need to learn a thing or two. AND FYI...I've built systems in the past. But because of my JOB, I've had to sell them because I can't move them to every place I go. I used to have a 950 OC'd with 480 etc etc until about 3 months ago.

Excuse meLoser.gif . I am not trying to get into an argument here but on the point of the motherboard. A good motherboard is one that has all the feature you need. And I have all that I need. 12 cpu VRMs. 6 USB 2.0 + 2 USB 3.0. 2 PCIe GPU slots. All that I need. And the RAM, if you did some research on Sandy Bridge platforms you would find that the RAM speed doesn't make that much of a difference. You would also find that a good graphics card is also very helpful in a FSX machine. You need plenty of VRAM.

Thankyou. You have now been reported to the forum mods for patronizing behaviour. I find that extremely offensive. Is it because I am female? I've heard rumors that most australians are chauvinistic and sexist.... And once again...ever heard of a bottleneck? Speed in FSX is going to do more than the timings. Since you claim you know everything about computers, tell me this. Why do all the big names on here with the best FSX systems possible, all have 1600MHz CL8/7 ram? and you forgot the hard drive. You realise how much that does? Why not get the Caviar Black? or a Vrap? Or and SSD? You may argue with me, but you can't argue against those who actually have the systems to back up my argument.

No I am not trying to offend you. I am just expressing my opinion and it is definitely not to do with you been a female. In fact I think it is great that their are some females around the forum. I really don't want to be arguing here. I just expressed my opinion. I do not claim I know everything and I am widely open to suggestions. I was on a budget. I am saving most of my money for flight lessons so I cut on items such as 1600MHz RAM and the HDD which I am planning on upgrading to intel SRT.