Sign in to follow this  
siggie

New Rig For FSX and PMDG 737 NGX

So why not just admit the fact that you were right....but not as right as I was in the first place? Now you've completely hijacked this thread with our pathetic argument. If you wish to reply to our argument, send it via a message and keep these FRIENDLY forums that way.

I have a i5 2500K running at 4.5, a GTX580, 8 Gb RAM CL8 and still can't run FSX with ALL sliders full right. Well, not with smooth performance, that is. In some places things are great but near (heavy) airports fps goes down no matter what. And that's even with some sliders NOT fully right. And even in the good places I have constant microstutters. When someone says he or she can run FSX perfectly on their computer, ALWAYS ask what their settings are. cool.png On another forum someone with a system similar to mine said everything worked GREAT on his pc and I kept thinking 'Why doesn't it work that great on mine???'. Only after sometime I discovered he was using Low water en Very dense autogen while i use water High 2x and Extremely dense autogen... happy.png

Yes it is just too gutsy. I sort of struggle with the NGX at an addon airport but usually one or the other runs fine so siggie, make your choice. You can't have it all. I am waiting for Xplane 10. I will use both depending on what XP10 gives me.

I have a i5 2500K running at 4.5, a GTX580, 8 Gb RAM CL8 and still can't run FSX with ALL sliders full right. Well, not with smooth performance, that is. In some places things are great but near (heavy) airports fps goes down no matter what. And that's even with some sliders NOT fully right. And even in the good places I have constant microstutters. When someone says he or she can run FSX perfectly on their computer, ALWAYS ask what their settings are. cool.png On another forum someone with a system similar to mine said everything worked GREAT on his pc and I kept thinking 'Why doesn't it work that great on mine???'. Only after sometime I discovered he was using Low water en Very dense autogen while i use water High 2x and Extremely dense autogen... happy.png
Have you followed Bojote's tweaks?

Bojote's, very good. I add a few others like perfbucket=4, max_trees_per_cell=400 and max_buildings_per_cell=300 (I can't remember what it is exactly) and poolsize=200000000.

Bojote's tweaks are really good. Try this one from Bojote's : FSX.cfg [GRAPHICS]HIGHMEMFIX=1 On my rig all of his tweaks do not have any impact. But you try and see what suits your rig. All the best.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Thanks, already did that. happy.png I should have mentioned that too. I have to say that without his tweaks (specially the bufferpools one) FSx would run terrible...! (I've been using the bufferpool tweak since the day it was posted on the internet!) Some people say that getting the latest hardware is all you have to do to get FSX running perfectly, without any tweaks: well, that just ain't true. At least not when you like some sliders to be full right... sleep.png ANYWAY... back to siggy! It's his post, after all. When you say you think your setup will be fine, it all depends on what you expect from it. Personally I'd go for the easy to overclock i5 2500K and 1600 Mhz RAM. The better the videocard, the better it is for FSX (even though a lot of people still say videocard don't matter with FSX... which isn't true, of course). To oc the i5 you might get a heavier PSU. I have a 750W from Corsair. I have all this together with a GTX580 and still I need to tweak the **** out of it in order to get some decent performance (which is something else than 'stellar' or 'perfect').

Guest PFL

Interesting and lively thread, nice with a female hothead, woohaaa!! I would go for an i7 2600K, because of the larger cache. Whistle.gif

hahaha PFL oh you flatter me terribly. And +1 on that. Hyperthreading is pointless but the larger cache is a sweet bonus

Interesting and lively thread, nice with a female hothead, woohaaa!! I would go for an i7 2600K, because of the larger cache. Whistle.gif
It is not going to make a huge difference at all. It will make one but not $100 worth.

That is true. I don't think that larger cache is worth the extra money. Unless you have money to burn or another program you use that uses hyperthreading.

Thanks for the responses, made for some interesting reading. I think i will wait a while longer before converting to FSX as the PMDG forum has created some doubt in my mind regards the NGX with all the issues the guys are having with CDU's and freezes I will eventually go with the i5 2500K and 1600 Mhz RAM upgrade on the psu as well as the video card. Thanks again. Siggie

You are missing out on something special then... The 737NGX runs perfectly on my new i5 2500K with 1600 Mhz RAM (and GTX580)!!! I've had no problems at all with it, not a single lock up or CTD. It's almost unbelievable. I don't even make backup saves during flights anymore. happy.png

I wish i could do the same. I was on approach to Heathrows 27L after a 13 hour flight from singapore, not having saved once, and FSX crashed. Gutted.