Sign in to follow this  
rspring94

Cruise Altitude?

Hi When I make a flight plan, I would set my cruise altitude to, say, FL350. However, once reaching this, the aircraft continues to climb to about FL700. It does not matter what aircraft I use, this happens on all of them. Please reply ASAP.

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

QF147: SYD-AKL (ZK-ZQG)

27-5-2018

EK413: CHC-SYD (A6-EUI)

This may seem unfinished.My question is; is there a way to level out once at a given altitude?

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

27-5-2018

Ryan, Don't understand your question quite clearly. You have to use the trim and stick to level out at the intended altitude . Or am I mis judging your question ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Ryan, By indicating FL350 on your flight plan, only tells the FSX ATC what cruising altitude you need clearance to (given your aircraft weight, distance, etc). Normally, a pilot would have set his autopilot to that altitude and heading and put it into command well before then and the a/p would level off the aircraft. If you are climbing above FL350, then you are still in command and as Ironmaiden said, you need to level off and maintain that altitude. If you wish to climb higher, then ATC clearance is required and then resetting your autopilot, or in your case, physically climbing to the new altitude. Chris David

Follow what Angles40 posted. I know nothing about AP never use it I love the manual stuff. You start your level off 10% VSI (Vertical Speed Indicator ).

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

@Ryan A good clue would be what particular aircraft are you flying when you keep on flying to FL700? We have no idea. Under normal circumstances, depending on your payload and fuel, you'd climb to an initial FL of between FL28-FL30 until the fuel load lightens,then ask ATC for clearance if using the default ATC to the next level.Aternatively, if using an aircraft with a good FMC,you'd consult your CRZ page which will give you your next optimal FL. Then accordingly,you'd dial this in to let your VNAV command the climb,and the CRZ page, and depending on your aircraft,you'd climb to that new FL,and once there remain there.If it still keeps climbing then you need to look into if you can hold it with ALT HLD.If it still keeps climbing,then you have a issue that needs looking into a bit deeper.

Hi When I make a flight plan, I would set my cruise altitude to, say, FL350. However, once reaching this, the aircraft continues to climb to about FL700. It does not matter what aircraft I use, this happens on all of them. Please reply ASAP.
What AC are you flying at FL700 without stalling?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I would think so unless he is driving a U2 or SR-71 ;) If that is the case enjoy the curvature of the earth. That is a breathtaking view not many people get to enjoy..!

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Does he mean 7000ft msl instead of FL700?
No i meant FL700 as in 70000ft. I am usually flying the default a321, 737 and the Project Opensky 747-400V4.

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

27-5-2018

Then accordingly,you'd dial this in to let your VNAV command the climb,and the CRZ page, and depending on your aircraft,you'd climb to that new FL,and once there remain there.If it still keeps climbing then you need to look into if you can hold it with ALT HLD.If it still keeps climbing,then you have a issue that needs looking into a bit deeper.
I have set the altitude to FL350 and pressed the ALT HOLD button, but it still keeps climbing.Any ideas?

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

27-5-2018

I had that problem too, I've set the altitude to 9000 feet, for my initial climb, but the aircraft kept climbing. Then I noticed, that the autopilot set the altitude to FL500 and it refused to accept my alt or anything. I still have no idea why is it happening or what is causing. I reinstalled FSX completely, hopefully it works fine now.

I had that problem too, I've set the altitude to 9000 feet, for my initial climb, but the aircraft kept climbing. Then I noticed, that the autopilot set the altitude to FL500 and it refused to accept my alt or anything. I still have no idea why is it happening or what is causing. I reinstalled FSX completely, hopefully it works fine now.
Does it work?Reinstalling would be my absolute last option :(

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

27-5-2018

Update: I just took off from Dusseldorf heading for Sofia, so far, it's behaving good. It kept the altitude I selected, no erratic behavior. I'll keep you updated through the flight. The only thing I'm having issues with atm is that the plane is taking a too high pitch angle during climb, trimming seems in order though. It's like 16 degrees nose up and I'm loosing speed. Edit: There is indeed something severly wrong, I'm at ALT CRZ but the plane is flying with 18 degrees nose up... Sigh, I swear I've spent more time fighting and struggling with bugs and problems in FSX than actually flying. Edit2: Still investigating. So far I'd say that CG setting may have been the cause of it. I used the one that FSPax gave me, which was 35%(Which is way off imo). Now, I used TOPCAT to calculate the CG and so far it is behaving normally, will report back soon. Edit: It did help a bit, but for whatever reason, the Aircraft does not pick up the cruising speed, which is suppose to be M 0.80, and the nose angle is around 9 degrees up now, so still not as it was before. Is it possible that any mod may interfere with this? Edit3: So I've manually set the cruising speed of M 0.80 and the pitch is good now, around 2.5 degrees. Still wondering if any mods such as GEX, UT2 or ASE could affect this?