Sign in to follow this  
sidali

TTPP to TTCP FMC help

Im not that experienced simmer and this is my first time really learning about how to program the fmc. I did the tutorial flight and i tried to implement what i learned into flying out of TTPP to TTCP of BGI (Barbados)but the airport has no SIDS or STARS only approaches and runways . How do i thus program a flight plan from any of these airports so i can use VNAV LNAV etc? for eg , in the tutorial we were told to enter UL620 as a VIA to dest airpt Again im new to this. any help will be greatly appreciated. SOrry if this seems dumb to some experienced guys here but everyone starts somehwre right?

If it doesn't have SIDs then you might want to enter the first waypoint of your FPL and imagine ATC gave you a vector after takeoff. Same goes for landing. STARs are rarely flown anyways, so in most cases ATC would take you off your filed plan anyways sooner or later and vector you to finals. Along the route you'd still be able to use LNAV/VNAV. sig.gif

thanks for the reply i understand now, but with what info do i enter a waypoint with?

In many cases ATC will vector you (give turning instructions) towards your first way point and then give you a "direct to xxxx". So after take off turn towards your first waypoint while ensuring you avoid terrain and other traffic. You can the use the direct to funtcion along with lnav to navigate to your first way point.

wow, thats way to short. I'll try to make some FP. Lj. Prodanovic EDIT: ok, it very strange that big airports do not have a single SID/STAR... so, just take off, DCT TAB, and then use this chart and radio navigation to land

http://piarco.vatcar.org/uploads/files/NDB%20DME%20RWY%2029%20(CAT%20C&D).pdf

EDIT2: there is DME ARC app for RWY 11. If you know how to follow it, use this chart:

http://piarco.vatcar.org/TTZPCharts/TTCP/LOCDME11.pdf

Thanks very much again I. Appreciate the help but I only completed the tutorial Which i understood very well but can you please explain a little more in very new. At this. Are you saying that for a flight like this I just file IDE plan via FSX flight planner or is therefor programming involved. Alsosay I wanna fly from Innsbruck to Zurich how do u know whiH VIA and TO info to use?

Ok, look: First you need to make/find FP. First waypoint have to link SID with route. Last waypoint of route have to link route with STAR. Every airport have (for simplicity sake called) "exit and entry points", and that are usually first waypoint of STAR, and last waypoint of SID. So, you should look at your first route waypoint and find SID that have same last waypoint. Same is for STAR. To know that you need airport charts, that I provided you for TCPP. Usually, there is few SIDs/STARs, with same name (same exit/entry point), but different designator and route. In that case you have choice. You should be careful when you select SID/STAR, because usually different runways use different SID/STARS (exit/entry point is same, but designator is different). Fore example VAL6G and VAL3D SIDs. So for your route: FP: KPT UL856 NEGRA SID from LOWI: for rwy 08 you have SID: KPT1Zfor rwy 26 there is no SID in database. I do not have charts, but there should be some procedure which I dnt knw now. Will find out. for arrival:there is to many rwys, but, you have last point in FP : NEGRA. Choose rwy you want to use, and then select NEGRA1A. For sake of simplicity, do not assign transition, just go in legs page and close the gap. This is not to smart, but you can use it for now. Remember, you need charts! :) For transitions you need charts, or you can look at legs page before you execute STAR, and find out which transition you need.Lj. Prodanovic

For the arrival into Crown point TTCPyou can follow the Rnav procedure into Runway 11, With that procedure [at least in a Boeing 747-400] you will get a simulated loc and glideslope on the PFD

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Thank you very much ibarrally appreciate your patients. An the info in gonna try it

wow, thats way to short. I'll try to make some FP. Lj. Prodanovic EDIT: ok, it very strange that big airports do not have a single SID/STAR... so, just take off, DCT TAB, and then use this chart and radio navigation to land
http://piarco.vatcar.org/uploads/files/NDB%20DME%20RWY%2029%20(CAT%20C&D).pdf

EDIT2: there is DME ARC app for RWY 11. If you know how to follow it, use this chart:

http://piarco.vatcar.org/TTZPCharts/TTCP/LOCDME11.pdf

Any charts for ttpp piarco btw where can I get these charts? Therefore inorder to program any route in the fmc you need the charts for the dep and arr airports so you can use the info on them to make the flight plan?

Btw with respect to all that info you got where can I get them all the sid's and stars for any airport. Because the charts correct me if I'm wrong help arrival procedures as well as departure but not necessarily the planning of the flight plan. So where do i get the info to fly from Trinidad to say Barbados or say kmia?

Btw with respect to all that info you got where can I get them all the sid's and stars for any airport. Because the charts correct me if I'm wrong help arrival procedures as well as departure but not necessarily the planning of the flight plan. So where do i get the info to fly from Trinidad to say Barbados or say kmia?
The POS-TAB routing is POS-R515-TAB and on return the route is usually flown TAB-TRI (which is the NDB at POS) and then you do a visual or ILS approach. As for POS-BGI the routing there and back is flown on the UR515 which leaves you with POS-UR515-BGI.... CAL uses and end up descent point of 12 miles away from the BGI VOR where IAS must be on or below 210kts. You should probably aim to be around 3000 or 4000ft at this point which you can plug into you FMC. More info on entering the end of descent point can be found here http://forum.avsim.net/topic/342798-along-track-waypoints/ For other routes that enter US airspace you can get the flight plan off of www.flightaware.com PM me if you have more questions

Brett Jennings

The POS-TAB routing is POS-R515-TAB and on return the route is usually flown TAB-TRI (which is the NDB at POS) and then you do a visual or ILS approach. As for POS-BGI the routing there and back is flown on the UR515 which leaves you with POS-UR515-BGI.... CAL uses and end up descent point of 12 miles away from the BGI VOR where IAS must be on or below 210kts. You should probably aim to be around 3000 or 4000ft at this point which you can plug into you FMC. More info on entering the end of descent point can be found here http://forum.avsim.net/topic/342798-along-track-waypoints/ For other routes that enter US airspace you can get the flight plan off of www.flightaware.comThanks broV will do have alot of questions PM me if you have more questions
Thanks bro will do