Guest simmer9304

I actually quite like my Phenom II X6... Who would want something as fast as a 2600K anyways, you don't get to savor the textures as they pop into focus and enjoy seeing each frame lovingly displayed one by one... Lol on a more serious note I find that the X6 does well for FSX and it can hold a steady 25-30fps when I've got it tweaked right and that's all I really need for now. But I wouldn't mind some of the blazing speed that SB has to offer

Especially the NGX. That way a flight that lasts an hour, lasts you 10. 9 more hours of looking at every single detail in that VC....

I always like to read this stuff, but I have a hard time justifying all the upgrade dollars. My AMD Phenom quad core running stock 2.5 runs FSX fine. If I REALLY crank it up and fly into Seattle, I can drive it down into the low teens, but I don't do that. I mostly fly Carenado singles, and other simple airplanes. I wonder just how much better all would look if I did drop some cash on a real hot rod machine....

I did read somewhere that FSX may not in itself benefit with more than four core , but those two extra cores may help with OS stuff . Now please correct me if I am wrong.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Well there's the key point! It depends on your usage. If you just like to go for the Sunday VFR in a prop, country flighing, these big fancy systems are pointless. But if you're like me, and into hardcore airlining, flying the NGX into a peak time traffic heathrow then these SB systems are almost a must.

I am learning the NGX at the moment and can't wait to just cruze into EGLL with the autoland which I can't really work out, it keeps doing a wheelbarrow landing!. I get the flare in white but no rollout reading on the PFD.

I am learning the NGX at the moment and can't wait to just cruze into EGLL with the autoland which I can't really work out, it keeps doing a wheelbarrow landing!. I get the flare in white but no rollout reading on the PFD.
you need to switch to Fail Operative in the PMDG options. With Fail Passive you get no rolloutAlso needs to be equiped with the Collins MCP and digital stby instruments

you need to switch to Fail Operative in the PMDG options. With Fail Passive you get no rolloutAlso needs to be equiped with the Collins MCP and digital stby instruments
Yeah, I am using using the Collins. I didn't know it had that option. I will try the flight for the fourth time tomorrow. I kind fo got a flare today pretty minimal.

Sorry for my late response.First of all I have to thank you for your detailed answers. My sys is an FSX PC only, so after reading all your answers I will save my money and don't buy a sixcore.Generally speaking I'm satisfied with my actual system and I think upgrading with a SB oced to 4,6-4,8 GHz won't give me so much extra power compared to my i7 920 @ 4,2 GHz.I will wait until next year, how Ivy Bridge will perform with FSX.Perhaps then it is time for a new pc.

Well there's the key point! It depends on your usage. If you just like to go for the Sunday VFR in a prop, country flighing, these big fancy systems are pointless. But if you're like me, and into hardcore airlining, flying the NGX into a peak time traffic heathrow then these SB systems are almost a must.
I beg to disagree if you are VFR in ORBX/FTX country (especially around the detailed addon airports)

I beg to disagree if you are VFR in ORBX/FTX country (especially around the detailed addon airports)
Off topic abit, but how do you find the Corsair 600T case for cooling Glen? I have a chioce between the solid and the mesh side panel. Andrew Dixon

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Good topic I see that nobody said anything about 1600mhz mem controller, which in my opinion will help smooth things out even more, remember that FSX is also pretty much dependent on the memory subsytem, not just speed, and for a REAL simmer this is the holy grail Also i see u guys talk about how hexacores do nothing more than a quadcore, well, i say it again, for a REAL simmer that extra cores help smooth things out. It's like saying that 4 gb of memory it's enough, which i hear it all the time, only because FSX can use a maximum of 4 gb. The extra cores deal with texture loading, and other programs outside FSX like ASX, Freetrack, or others. I'm waiting for that day when hexacores will become mainstream im Not Worthy.gif I'd like to see NickN's opinion on this