Sign in to follow this  
chri.mus

FPS into Virtual Cockpit

Hello to all,as you can see into the file attached, into Virtual Cockpit I have about 20 FPS. Without Virtual Cockpit I have about 70 FPS.The photo is made into the same place and flight. Now, Why this difference? With the other aircraft the difference is insignificant but with the PMDG 737 NGX is a big problem, especially when I'm in Approch on Custom Scenery. I think that the problem for my Video Card are the reflections on the instruments. Is there a method to exclude them? Thank you so much.Christian.

What clock speed is your CPU running? What settings do you use for FSX? Did you follow the recommendatios in the introduction?

You could maybe do with a better graphics card because don't forget that in the VC, you are loading high res textures to fill every part of the cockpit and you need a sufficient amount of video RAM and GPU power. And you can't get the full potential from a GTS250.... maybe a GTX480 or GTX570 (or if you have them money a GTX580(!)) is going to help you out.

My CPU clock is 3.4 Ghz, more that sufficient for FSX with High Settings. However I have tried also at 3.8 Ghz with the same result.I think that the problem is my Video Card but with other aircraft (747 PMDG, MD11 PMDG, LevelD 767), the FPS into Virtual Cockpit are about 40 in flight and 20-25 into large custom airports as Aerosoft EDDF. Is there a method to exclude the reflections on istruments? How many FPS you have into Virtual Cockpit? Regards.

It is not only FSX, add on aircraft etc. If you do anything on you computer that involves things like 3D modeling, CAD for instance, you will get a significant difference in demand on you computer hardware and notice that difference when swiching from 2D to 3D. Considering the amazing complexity of the 737NGX cockpit, I think PMDG have done a remarkable job.As already advised, follow PMDG's set up recomendations, use Ryans Nvidia config guide and use *******'s tweaks for your FSX cfg then work down from there until you reach a balance of what your machine will do and what you want. Lastly as also mentioned, if you can possibly spring for a better video card. GTX46Os have really come down in price if money is tight. Lastly, what i think is worth a mention is, about a week ago i noticed in a thread, a discussion about Nick's (AOA) profiles he used for his videos and he kindly provided a download link to them. That download contained his FSX .cfg file which i am now using. its got all kinds of nice tweaks in it and i recommend it.Regards, Edit. One thing i forgot to mention. My very first flight in this ac, i had a total lockup (freeze) of FSX. It may be nothing but since using Nick's FSX .cfg, i have not had one single issue. I would like to think this means something (You never know!)

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg