Sign in to follow this  
kilo2

Fly! II dynamic aircraft

Hi, Has anyone ever had any success at correcting the problem of dynamic acft taxiing with landing grear retracted? I find that on my install of Fly! II that is the norm, and then in flight, when the gear should retract, it partially extends. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, have you found a way to correct this? Cheers, Brian3cffts

Hi Brian - Is this related to the Fly!II generated AI? I've watched several of my Fly!II AI at various airports and about the only thing I see is they sink below the runway. Gear extends and retracts fully on say the Pilatus and Hawker (only ones I've been able to observe so far). Do you perhaps have the FSIMP installed and allowing its' Dynamic AI run? FSIMP is more rudimentary and does not control animations like gear. To my limited knowledge the Fly!II generated AI is hard coded, so unfortunately I do not think much can be done for a fix. Wish I could have been of more help!Cheers,

Hi Ken, I am using Terramodels scenery for KCLT that I downloaded from the AVSIM library. So it is possible that the dynamic acft are add-ons that came as part of the scenery package. The acft are mostly large jets.... 747, 727, 737 etc and all have the same problem .... as well as dynamic copies of my Hawker 610 and f-16. All have the same problem with the landing gear. As you say, it is most likely that it is a hard coding problem inside Fly!II .... but one never can be sure. I have been surprised before by fixes that other Fly!'ers know about. Many thanks, Brian.

Hmmmm... Did you perhaps install any of ROTW's attempts at making some AI traffic, or it could be a part of the package for KCLT. Was this the TM scenery by David Coniglio? Looking inside the POD file, I do not see anything relating to AI style aircraft. Sure you are not using FSIMP program? Aside from what ROTW was trying to do, that is the only other program I can think of that provides a form of AI traffic (as in non-controlled take-off and landing aircraft). But if you have installed several of the Aircraft (as you mention the Hawker 610) like Jean's 747 or DC-9 (re: MD80) or other third party AC, then as you know Fly!II will use them for its' AI aircraft. Those AC may not always have their animated parts controlled properly by Fly!II - but as I say, I watched the Pilatus and Navajo do touch and go's and their gear retracted after T/O. So I tend towards it mainly to be the hard coding problem. Randall!!! Any thoughts? (Tossing to the knowledgeable Go-To Man!! <grin>). Laurent or Jean??? (My other Go-to Gents!!)... Cheers, Mate! <ahhh...Soooo nice to gain access to my main acount again!!>

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Hello Ken, No, I do not have any of the ROTW acft installed or any other add-on acft except anything that may be in Biber Salsa's scenery package. I believe the KCLT scenery is by David Coniglio and I am using it. You say you have watched the Pilatus and the Navajo do touch and go's where the gear extended and retracted correctly; can you tell me what airfield you were flying out of and how many/what other dynamic acft did you see? I would like to see if I can duplicate your success and fly formation on these acft. Also, what acft were you flying when you had this success? When flying out of KCLT with the acft I have in my 'aircraft' and 'models' folders at present, I am only dynamic acft I see are jet acft. cheers, Brian.

I used TerraScened Atlanta area and was at KMGY as well as Dobbins ARB (AFB). I also tried it down in my neck of the woods, again TerraScened for the Jacksonville area - 4J6 and 55J. I then tried it at my newly created Airport - the new KPUJ (Paulding NW Atlanta Airport) that I added to my TerraScene area (had to rebuild the terraScene area) - and the stock aircraft worked fine for me. Will try a few areas that are not TerraScened and see what happens.Cheers!

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Hello Ken, Yes, I was able to duplicate your success at KCLT and KRDU. My stock acft that have their own .pod file in the aicraft folder appear flying around with gear properly retracted. They occasionally do a touch and go with the gear extending correctly and then retracting o.k. I have my problem with the dynamic acft located in the acgenric.pod file. These acft will appear on the ramp positioned to starboard of the user selected acft (at KCLT too close in fact); after a short delay they will start up and taxi out to the runway - at this time with the gear fully retracted - they take-off; and at first level off the gear extends partially. Sometimes they do a t & g, retracting the gear, and extending it again partially on overshoot. The original Fly! ATC radio audio also accompanies the movement of these acft. The .bin files in the acgenric.pod do not appear to have anything to do with this gear problem so I am pretty sure that the problem is hard coded into Fly.exe. so there is nothing I can do further. I am making a new version of acgenric.pod that forces all the graphics to the highest level of detail; and update the icon in the respective 'vew' and 'teleport' screen to show the correct picture and not the Flyhawk as is shown at present for all the jumbo jet acft. I have also tried placing one of the podded acft in the acgenric.pod, and the result is that it would taxi with the gear down, but would never retract the gear as it flew around! As has been noted before, on T/O and on T&Go all acft sink into the runway just prior to lift=off... must be hard-coded. Anyway, it is fun playing around with dynamic models. Formation flying is a challenge.... particularly formation take-offs. Cheers, Brian3cffts

Hi Brian, Well, I think it has more to do with the acgeneric and/or Biberall pod aircraft - in that they are mainly designed to be used primarily as static aircraft, thus the contact points for the wheels are not necessarily correct. Shucks - even Roger's DH-114 when being used as an AI aircraft, does not always make good wheel contact. I've noticed this in the areas that are not TerraScened, as with most aircraft. Not sure what is up with that as most planes in the areas I've TerraScened seem to work correctly. As I use FSIMP and its dynamic AC feature a lot, hard to tell... :-) But glad to know it is not happening with all your aircraft! Cheers!Ken

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️