Sign in to follow this  
remmert

Dashed lines on wings

In the outside view mode the solid black lines and arrows near the em exits on the upperside of the wings are solid when I am close to the airplane.Everything looks fine from the whole airplane, no blurries , straight lines all very clear. When I change the zoom function to a lower level than 1.2 ( more away from the plane ) the plane is still good looking except for the lines & arrows on the wing and the outside border from the wings they get blurry and dashed / steps. My video card is GTX560TI and I have tried all kind of settings with NvideaInspector.In FSX AA is OFF and Filtering is AnisotropicGPU load 40% & CPU load 20% ( I7 -860 )Aircraft is standard 738-800 and KLM 738-800 Winglet.Other users of this plane do not have this complains, so Who can tell me what I have to do to get the wings as beautifull as the rest of the plane

I know this has something to do with AA/AF settings for the vid card. I have the same card as you and see the same thing. However, I think that maybe to get rid of that it would really impact FPS more than it's worth. This is how I have mine set: http://www.simforums.com/forums/nhancer-settings-for-new-drivers-updated-v1932_topic36586.html

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Hard to say without a picture. I had a similar issue that I fixed by mip mapping the textures which cured the 'barber pole' effect of the wing lines, etc.

Klamal, Thx for your response, I indeed did the same work around with Nvidea Inspector but it looks like our card / drivers has problems big black lines.Some times I have same problem with big lines on aprons,from non professional scenery builders.

I have my graphics card configured for AA too, but I think it really only goes too far. Not only do I have this problem, but I've seen people with systems through the roof that are having that problem too.

I have the same problem. I have jagged edges which fluctuate ( 'dance' )in the screen along the wing and along the engines - see attached images. My video card is ATI Radeon HD 5450.0 and I have Anistropic filtering with AA checked within FSX.Unlike Nvidia cards though, ATI doesn't provide the option for external AA - or do they?Any tips?

Since I posted the above I found this topic in this forum http://forum.avsim.net/topic/344166-highmemfix-question/page__hl__textures__fromsearch__1 so I changed my fsx.cfg as directed. I also unchecked the box in the AIRCRAFT settings within FSX that says "Aircraft casts shadows on itsef" and hey presto I don't have these jagged "dancing" edges anymore. I don't know which of the two corrections I made is responsible for this ( I guess it is the unchecked box within FSX) but. whatever, my problem is solved. Hope this helps.

I have the same problem. I have jagged edges which fluctuate ( 'dance' )in the screen along the wing and along the engines - see attached images. My video card is ATI Radeon HD 5450.0 and I have Anistropic filtering with AA checked within FSX.Unlike Nvidia cards though, ATI doesn't provide the option for external AA - or do they?Any tips?
This is FSX aircraft self shadowing and is not a function of the PMDG 737NGX. If you don't like it, it can be disabled in Options>settings>display To the original poster, try increasing your anistrophic filtering in your video card's settings.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg