Sign in to follow this  
Artem Crum

Project Magenta / Prosim737 - with VRi MCP Combo

Here is the first iteration in development of PM/Prosim module. What's done:

• Display sync with VRi MCP Combo
  • All MCP Dials working (CRS/SPD/HDG/ALT/VS)
  • CRS rotary works for both left and right course (press knob to toggle)
  • Vertical speed indication (not tested, but should work)

What's NOT done:

• NO BUTTONS ACTIONS
  • NO EFIS ROTARIES ACTIONS Instead of that you can use the default FSUIPC assignments for Project Magenta. Go to the FSUIPC Buttons & switches control panel, tap VRi MCP button or turn the knob - it will be detected as joystick button press. Then mark the "Include Project Magenta" checkbox and select th desired action for this button or knob from the drop list. 1. Don't forget, that you should set both "Press" and "Release" actions in this panel for each button (...or else you will need to press each button twice to get action executed). 2. Don't forget, that you should remove any assignments made for VRi MCP dials inside FSUIPC, or LINDA will be unable to catch them.

How to use:

• Assuming you have already installed LINDA and it works properly
  • Download module: LINDA Project Magenta v0.1a (15 aug. 2011)
  • Unzip both folders from Zip into: */FSX/Modules folder
  • Run LINDA
  • Choose "Project Magenta" aircraft from the droplist (switch off the FSX SYNC if it's enabled)
  • Press "Edit" button
  • Select your PM'ed or Prosim'ed aircraft folder from the list
  • Save! (press "Edit")
  • Run FSX and load your aircraft
  • Check LINDA's console - it should say on some line: Module: Project Magenta Started...
  • Now it should work - try to turn VRi MCP knobs and see if PM/Prosim reacts on your input

Note:

• For some reason Prosim doesn't work on my system with FSUIPC offests. So the module was tested and working with time limited Project Magenta modules, but it should work with Prosim too, as they are using the same offsets for data exchange.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

This is absolute great!!!! That means PM/Prosim is the first and only aviation suit working with the Vrinsight mcp combo!!Donation will be made!

Don't be so exited before trying it! Talk%20to%20the%20Hand.gif

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Tested a bit .The PM MCP seems to work perfect.The prosim has some issues. i gues not exact all offsets are the same. HDG bug wont work. crs,spd, alt and vs do work though.with button programming also not everything works correct using the pm offsets. several buttons wont react.I hope we can find/receive the correct offsets for prosim and make it work.

Dennie reports the same bug with HDG actions. That means something wrong with Prosim737 and should be reported to it's developers as a bug.All offsets where taken from Prosim737 docs and all they do work with PM. Getting in touch with Prosim devs is up to you, guys. They should fix it or provide other offsets to work with.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Following answer by the developer: ProSim reads offset 0x5408. Could you perhaps monitor that offset in FSUIPC and check if this is correctly updated when you use your hardware MCP? Does it help?

The main argument here is that the Project Magenta do works with the same script and Prosim doesn't. They both monitoring the same offset and it doesn't work only for Prosim. And, yes, script writes data to the 0x5408 offset.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Ok. But what I do not understand is if you choose in FSUIPC direct the PM heading offset (Buttons&switches - drop down menu) prosim reacts on the input smoothly (but even no display). You know, I am not a programmer and my skills here are limited, so maybe I understand something wrong...

Ok. But what I do not understand is if you choose in FSUIPC direct the PM heading offset (Buttons&switches - drop down menu) prosim reacts on the input smoothly (but even no display). You know, I am not a programmer and my skills here are limited, so maybe I understand something wrong...
This is good idea! I'll test it how does it work with direct FSUIPC assignments..

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Try this new actions.lua file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15957127/actions.luaReplace your's in *\FSX\Modules\linda\aircrafts\Project Magenta\*

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

I have this problem more often. but then the other way around. That i select a pm function from the dropdown menu and that it wont work. But then when i use offset word set manualy and en.ter the offset according the pm offsets list, it does work.As the heading dial is not the only thing that not work for me, i wonder if i set all manual offsets if it would then work.we'll figure it out ...Oh and thnx for the updated lua file btw. Top service.I'll test it as soon as i got some time. Great effort !

Unfortunely no improvement.But again, when I check under Buttons+Switches select for fs controls and include PM and then choose in the drop down menu under control send when button pressed PM head inc 10 it works.The same for all the mcp buttons.

That's weird... I'll try install the latest version of Prosim again and do some tests with it.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

No go indeed . when debugging fsuipc the 0x5408 offset is not to be seen at all. the one you added ,0x04E2 does pass but that's read only, so i gues it can't set anything.Setting manual PM button offsets for hdg+ or hgd- does not do anything to. and i gues that be no help if it would cause you cant set a value that syncs with the display.but im no programmer or lua expert or whatever, so maybe i am just plain wrong hehe ;) Where does it go wrong with this little heading bugger :)