Sign in to follow this  
hydraulics3

"com3" failed to open

Hello, I am really baffled because when I start LINDA the 'Configuration Checklist'states 'Everything is OK',especially the VRinsight MCP Combo .Device enabled.COM port assigned.FSUIPC setup done BUT When I review the LINDA Console it reports in RED [E] VRI port 2 "com3" failed to open[E] VRI port 5 "com3" failed to open[E] VRI port 4 "com3" failed to open[E] VRI port 3 "com3" failed to open I am lost what too do next! Am I right in thinking that by using LINDA I no longer need to use SerialFP2? Confused as usual sad.png Regards Don

Remove duplicate lines from the fsuipc4.log in [VRinsight] section. Those:1=com32=com3... Leave the only one of them. And, yes, you don't need the SerialFP2 with LINDA. If you'll try to use them both at the same time the skies will fall..

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

If you have other VRi devices besides the MCP you can start SerialFP2 without issue as long as you start it after Linda has found your MCP and connected to it. I have LINDA running the MCP and SerialFP2 connecting to 4 other VRi devices at the same time without issue, SFP2 simply doesn't see the MCP once LINDA has connected to it. The same is true for the new program VRi supplies with the latest software package that will be released in the near future, I.e. VRiSim.exe. With VRiSim you only have to launch one instance of it and it finds all VRi connected hardware, except for stuff LINDA is connected to.

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks Artem for getting me started and your tip Andy. First hurdle over as LINDA is now working with the default aircraft. Now too sort out the PMDG737NGX. Regards Don

Hello I am back again..... I have the PMDG737-800NGX in LINDA working a treat. However, the CWSB button always stays in 'Flight Info Mode' regardless how many times I press it. It displays AP/CWSB but after 3 seconds reverts to INFO/v-00. It just means I have to monitor the MCP for correct selection. I am sure the CWSB should toggle between Flight Info and AP. I must have done something wrong - your assistance will be appreciated. Thanks and regards Don

The "AP" display mode is locked and unavailable in the NGX module (till we manage to sync display data).

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

There is only info mode available for the NGX because it is impossible to read the MCP values from the NGX at this time.

Cheers, Andy.

Andy, thanks for helping in support!

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

I am getting failed to open com3 then it appears to open in the log and connects spd-100 alt-10000 but nothing works?

HID enumerate finished!********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.703 by Pete Dowson *********Reading options from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...User Name=""User Addr=""FSUIPC4 not user registeredWIDEFS7 not user registered, or expiredRunning inside FSX on Windows 7 (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)Module base=61000000Wind smoothing fix is fully installedDebugStatus=0System time = 15/08/2011 19:06:55FLT path = "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"FS path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"Run: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\linda.exe"LogOptions=00000000 00000001[E] VRI port 2 "com3" failed to openSimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okayVRI port 1 "com3" openedRunning in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61472.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)Initialising SimConnect data requests nowFSUIPC Menu entry addedC:\Users\Chris\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\start.FLTC:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-900NGX WL\B737-900WL.AIRVRI FMER ("MCP Combi") detected on port com3C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800\Boeing737-800.AIRSystem time = 15/08/2011 19:10:53, Simulator time = 19:07:28 (02:07Z)Starting everything now ...Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

FSUIPC4 not user registered
maybe this?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not think it had to be registered?
thats clearly stated in all documents and threads that you need a registered version of FSUIPC!

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Yea but in the guide it says just "hit cancel" not to register. So I thought it did not have to be...Thanks