Sign in to follow this  
ClaudioatFCO

problem with FSINN on Vatsim

I have a problem with the 737NGX, when it is running FSINN gives absurdly high temperatures to the air in the atmosphere and therefore makes it impossible for the aircraft in any vertical autopilot condition to reach decided FL above say 20000 ft. I belivie it could be a problem of interaction between the two sw. Anyone has the same problem????claudio capozzi

It's a bug with FSInn - has nothing to do with PMDG's bird. Have you tried sqawkbox 4?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I experiencing the same issue, except the issue has embedded itself into my system, making it impossible for me to fly the airplane under any condition, with/without FsInn, Active Sky, etc.Be warned...

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

Hi ClaudioI stopped using FSINN because of issues like that, and changed to squawkbox, but there are people that have carried on with FSINN and solved that problem. It is not a PMDG issue as it would do what you are describing with other aircraft. I have copied and pasted the workaround solution for you iof you want to carry on using FSINNWeather Bug in FSInn/FSX (affects Speeds, Temperatures, and Climb [above FL245])This is an issue with FSX/Simconnect/weather. When flying at high altitudes (above FL245) there's a miscommunication between FSX and FSInn concerning the temperature. This TAT problem isn't experienced when flying below FL245.The resolution is to turn off FSInn's weather when flying above FL245 and use an alternate such as FSX's weather. There are two ways.■Turn the weather off by default (Inn Control Panel -> Set -> Weather [Check/Uncheck]). With this option You will in effect use whatever alternate weather you already have in effect with Flight Simulator.■Or (what I consider preferred) turn it off or on on-the-fly by clicking the CAVOK bottom to turn FSInn's Weather off or clicking the VATSIM cloud to turn it on. When you turn FSInn's weather off, use FSX's download real weather +15 minute option. To resume FSInn's VATSIM weather, just click on the cloud next to VATSIMRegardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Sadly this is not the case, as I do not even have FsInn installed, and it only happens with the PMDG NGX.

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

I have a problem with the 737NGX, when it is running FSINN gives absurdly high temperatures to the air in the atmosphere and therefore makes it impossible for the aircraft in any vertical autopilot condition to reach decided FL above say 20000 ft. I belivie it could be a problem of interaction between the two sw. Anyone has the same problem????claudio capozzi
Have a look at the last item in this FAQ.http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=56205
I experiencing the same issue, except the issue has embedded itself into my system, making it impossible for me to fly the airplane under any condition, with/without FsInn, Active Sky, etc.Be warned...
I'd suggest you repair your simconnect. People had the same issues due to faulty simconnect installations. For some reasons the WX engine injects hight temperatures in high altitudes. No jet can fly with an ISA+40. http://www.hifisim.c...leshooting.html

there is an option in fsinn under weather to disable fsinn weather
Pretty much that is what you do and I think is what is standard among experienced FSINN users. Just disable FSINN weather and be done with it. FSINN then works great and works great with this aircraft in my experience. If you have no other weather addon, just run the FSX realtime every 15 min update weather. This works fine as long as you have FSUIPC weather smoothing going as otherwise, FSX weather will drive you to drink. Actually, even with weather addons like REX, FSUIPC is necessary to get playable weather. I don't have ASE, so I don't know about that one, but for me, FSUIPC wind smoothing has made all the difference. I fly the NGX with the REX2-OD weather engine and FSUIPC wind smoothing and have no problems whatsoever. Now, if you are getting warm temps aloft and you don't use FSINN, then you have some other problem, as that certainly is not normal for the FSX weather engine itself, at least I haven't seen it. I have flown the NGX on at least 10 flights with the FSX weather engine + FSUIPC as well as at least that many with the REX2 OD weather engine + FSUIPC and not seen any warm temperatures---all online with FSINN.

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

I had this problem on 1 flight outta 15 so far in the NGX but I fixed it by closing FSX and Activesky Evolution and restarting it. I also launch things in the following order and it has always worked fine for me. Load FSX 1st, then when your sitting on the ground at the gate then load Activesky, setup the plane then connect to FSINN last. Make sure your not hitting CAVOK at anytime in FSINN or that little cloud icon next to Vatsim. If you do the temps will go through the roof and you will never make your cruise altitude. If your in some place like Dallas or the Tropics in the daytime the Temps are gonna be high, but as you climb if all is working normally your temps will decrease until you get on the -C side. if you do not already have Activesky I highly recommend it, as it is the best and most realistic weather generation out there. If you already have it then as stated above disable FSINN Weather. Also important to note if you have Activesky and REX that the Rex Weather engine should also be disabled.

... ■Or (what I consider preferred) turn it off or on on-the-fly by clicking the CAVOK bottom to turn FSInn's Weather off or clicking the VATSIM cloud to turn it on. When you turn FSInn's weather off, use FSX's download real weather +15 minute option. To resume FSInn's VATSIM weather, just click on the cloud next to VATSIM...
I would highly recommend not using the CAVOK button method to disable FSInns weather, as sometimes FSInns weather engine still runs in some way, at least for certain parameters of the weather and this can cause high temperatures, or in some cases constant wind shear etc. If you run an external weather engine then that one can start to fight FSInns engine, constantly changing back and forth between the two engines. Disabling FSInns weather in the menu is highly recommended over using the CAVOK button

Hi,I did not want to even open an extra thread, because I have another problem with FSInn.But first, just to the thing with the temperatures.I had this problem with the high temperatures just falling in many other payware aircraft.Then when I've disabled the default FSInn weather and everything ran without problems.I have an error when I try to use the chat in FSInn, where errors may be exaggerated a bit?Every time I compose a message in the chat, the NGX responds to any input! e.g. press "shift + L" then goes out the lighting in the cockpit! I press "G", the landing gear is extended or raised.Normally, should have the keys in the chat have no impact on the plane or its instruments.Did any of you like watching something? Or have I done if a mistake?THX

Intel i5-2500K @ 3,3 GHZ (not overclockt)RTX 2060 Super Windforce WF2OC-8GD16 GB Ram - 1333

Win10

FSX - Accelaration

I have an error when I try to use the chat in FSInn, where errors may be exaggerated a bit?Every time I compose a message in the chat, the NGX responds to any input! e.g. press "shift + L" then goes out the lighting in the cockpit! I press "G", the landing gear is extended or raised.Normally, should have the keys in the chat have no impact on the plane or its instruments.Did any of you like watching something? Or have I done if a mistake? THX
I had this same issue and what I did was disable all key commands in the PMDG options menu.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Hello guys, I am running FSINN on VATSIM with ASE and there is no problem. I basically just disable the default weather in the FSINN option and only click the server, not the 'sun' beside it.

Z. C

Every time I compose a message in the chat, the NGX responds to any input! e.g. press "shift + L" then goes out the lighting in the cockpit! I press "G", the landing gear is extended or raised.Normally, should have the keys in the chat have no impact on the plane or its instruments.
This seems to be a "feature" of the original hotfix. Without the fix using G etc the chatbox works fine, add the hotfix and what you describe happens. In another thread buried somewhere Ryan did acknowledge that they were trying to fix something else and this was a knock on affect, he said 'fix pending' so presumably this will be sorted in the next hotfix. FYI I reinstalled minus the hotfix in order to make things useable and havn't had any real; problems as yet (touching wood).

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg