Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Is there a way to have the yoke always lower...

Title says it all, what is the VC mod that will ensure you see the yoke lowered as default and higher when clicked ? Mark.
I'd like that too. I have to click it to lower it in 100% of my flights. I wouldn't mind even having the option not to display it, since I already have my hands on my CH yoke, I really have no need to see another one in front of me.

Chris Hicks

How yoke can obstruct your view when its positioned to allow pilots to see displays behind. I do not see problem. :( However, erasing yoke from cockpit is not realistic, so if you want yokeless cockpit, there are 2d panels :( Lj. Prodanovic

Also, I'd like an option to not display the Captains seat, as it gets in my views too often. Besides, in real life, I wouldn't see it, because I'd be sitting in it.

How yoke can obstruct your view when its positioned to allow pilots to see displays behind. I do not see problem. :confuse: However, erasing yoke from cockpit is not realistic, so if you want yokeless cockpit, there are 2d panels tongue.png
And here we go with the unhelpful posts...and before coffee. Gah. If you're unable to offer any help, please move along.

Chris Hicks

Guys, I don't think you are all understanding my question. I load up the NGX and then I click on the top of the yoke to lower it. I would like to get in and have the yoke in the lower position all the time so I don't have to click it, I don't want to get rid of it at all. mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Guys, I don't think you are all understanding my question. I load up the NGX and then I click on the top of the yoke to lower it. I would like to get in and have the yoke in the lower position all the time so I don't have to click it, I don't want to get rid of it at all. mark.
+ 1. We woke up the "that's not real" crowd. Hey guys, I have news for you: Flying an NG alone in the cockpit is NOT REALISTIC EITHER!

Chris Hicks

+ 1. We woke up the "that's not real" crowd. Hey guys, I have news for you: Flying an NG alone in the cockpit is NOT REALISTIC EITHER!
No one said it's not real, it's just not hard to click the yoke before you fly...

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

.... is clicking on it once every flight really that strenuous of an activity?
Dialing the mins down from the defaulted 9000 isn't strenuous either, it's just defaulted to an impractical number, so it's being fixed. If the default position of the yoke would be better suited down instead of up, why not change it?

Chris Hicks

.... is clicking on it once every flight really that strenuous of an activity?
With no disrespect to the OP, I didn't think having to do one mouse click was that big of a deal myself either.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No one said it's not real, it's just not hard to click the yoke before you fly...
Actually, yes, they did say it.

Chris Hicks

Actually, yes, they did say it.
True, but maybe he never meant it like that, however, the NGX is dubbed one of the most realistic birds out there, so why it would be yokeless is beyond me. I see where the OP is coming from, but for the team to redesign it would be ridiculous, a problem that can be solved with a click.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue