Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Is there a way to have the yoke always lower...

True, but maybe he never meant it like that, however, the NGX is dubbed one of the most realistic birds out there, so why it would be yokeless is beyond me. I see where the OP is coming from, but for the team to redesign it would be ridiculous, a problem that can be solved with a click.
It's not a problem. It's a convenience item, like setting the default mins down from 9000. If it's a click I have to make each and every time I fly, why can't I default it to that setting? Why all the ire and teeth gnashing? There are so many things that are not real about flight sim, it always catches me off guard when people focus on little things like that when they totally ignore the BIG unrealisms of flight sim. If you want to go the not real route, it doesn't feel real for me to have my hands on the ch yoke and still see one floating in front of me on screen, BUT, back to the original OP, I'd be happy to be able to default the yoke in the down position, for the same reasons that I'd like the default mins to be lower than 9000.

Chris Hicks

It's not a problem. It's a convenience item, like setting the default mins down from 9000. If it's a click I have to make each and every time I fly, why can't I default it to that setting? Why all the ire and teeth gnashing? There are so many things that are not real about flight sim, it always catches me off guard when people focus on little things like that when they totally ignore the BIG unrealisms of flight sim.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but no one is ire and teeth gashing, the 'Mins at 9000' ' is a worth while problem. To me, it's not so much of a realism problem (This thread) but a preference, my underlying fix to this problem, is to simply lower it before you fly.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

No its not a big deal but if it can be done, I would prefer my VC set up that way. I have seen other posts asking how you can have the NG default to Cold and Dark....that is 2 or 3 mouse clicks I think. Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

And here we go with the unhelpful posts...and before coffee. Gah. If you're unable to offer any help, please move along.
No one (except developers) can offer you help about this, we can do nothing to erase yoke for you (even if someone actually want). Lj. Prodanovic

I'm sorry you feel that way, but no one is ire and teeth gashing, the 'Mins at 9000' ' is a worth while problem. To me, it's not so much of a realism problem (This thread) but a preference, my underlying fix to this problem, is to simply lower it before you fly.
Wouldn't that apply to the mins as well? Who judges it worthwile and this not? Sounds like a matter of personal opinion.
No one (except developers) can offer you help about this, we can do nothing to erase yoke for you (even if someone actually want). Lj. Prodanovic
I don't recall asking anyone to erase it for me. I don't recall asking anyone to do anything for me. But thanks!

Chris Hicks

I don't recall asking anyone to erase it for me. I don't recall asking anyone to do anything for me. But thanks!
You're welcome sir! You mentioned some help in one of your post... you can recall or use search function of browser (it's very good feature). Lj. Prodanovic

Wouldn't that apply to the mins as well? Who judges it worthwile and this not? Sounds like a matter of personal opinion. I don't recall asking anyone to erase it for me. I don't recall asking anyone to do anything for me. But thanks!
Your a case.Underlying idea : Your still going to fly the plane, yoke up or down, it's something your going to have to live with.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

The word help was used. I did not ask for any. Are there any informed opinions on whether the option can be made to default to the desired position?

You guys should be flying an Airbus !! LMAO.gif
Why is that? I hate planes that don't require trained pilots!

Chris Hicks

The word help was used. I did not ask for any. Are there any informed opinions on whether the option can be made to default to the desired position?
Yea, we can argue here forever what is better for yoke default position, but at the end, only devs can actually do it. So our opinions are not helpful at all. Lj. Prodanovic

t1n176a1022airbusa320pi.jpg They do require you to be trained as much as I hate flying them >_<
Ah! Ye ole side stick! Is that a huge adjustment after being accustomed to yokes? I've imagined it being very disorienting at first.

Chris Hicks

Guys, I don't think you are all understanding my question. I load up the NGX and then I click on the top of the yoke to lower it. I would like to get in and have the yoke in the lower position all the time so I don't have to click it, I don't want to get rid of it at all.
LINDA has solved axactly this problem (as I like to have the yokes lowered too)!Theres a "prepare cockpit" function: yokes get lowered and Minimums set to Radio and Barometer set to HPa (you can change this options...)

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah! Ye ole side stick! Is that a huge adjustment after being accustomed to yokes? I've imagined it being very disorienting at first.
Must feel awkward for the pilot, to use his Left hand...

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue