Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

"automatic" takeoff through trim?

Hello, with the MD11 if you have calculated and set things up properly, the bird was taking off - depending on the runway length - itself due to correct trimmings. Won't that work with the 737 too?The NGX is running to the end of the runway and does not show any tendency to take off itself.... ?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, with the MD11 if you have calculated and set things up properly, the bird was taking off - depending on the runway length - itself due to correct trimmings. Won't that work with the 737 too?The NGX is running to the end of the runway and does not show any tendency to take off itself.... ?
Have you tried pulling back on the yoke tad? Say. Around Vr?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Definitely not a RW technique. With the trim set per the correct CG, you still have to pull the nose into the air.

Matt Cee

Yes of course, when I pull the stick, she's taking off... But I wondered as the MD11 is taking off without pulling the stick....What is now the correct behave?

Guenter Steiner

I have never had a automatic takeoff with the MD 11. Until now I had always to pull the stick to me, or I keep rolling. Maybe a matter of CG?I also think it is difficult to compare a MD 11 and a Boeing 737.

Quite simply, if the MD-11 is lifting off without you pulling up, then you've gone way past the Vr speed, you have trimmed way to much, or your center of gravity is totally messed up. You should always have to apply some force to rotate. The 737 has the same logic. There is something you have done completely wrong if you are able to lift off without touching the controls.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

I'm quite sure that I have everything well done with the MD11 except not pulling the stick at VR.Yes I got beyond VR... But as I stated above, I calculated CG and trim etc with TOPCAT and set it according to wind and runway.In every case, the plane was setup for taking off before the runway was ending.This was also above VR, yes, but I thought this was a kind of "feature".

Why bother even flying the plane. get a Drone!
I have not said, that I want a plane taking off and autoland fully automaticallyI just wondered about the different behave between MD11 and the 737. I really wonder why some guys have nothing else to do as state rude comments ... instead of trying to help or think about what was writen above. Or simply do not write anything whats coming into their mind ... Talking%20Ear%20Off.gif

Guenter Steiner

No.. Not a feature. You must certainly pull up on the yoke. If you don't have to, then something is wrong. TOPCAT or not, I would always check the variables against what the plane itself wants you to do. What ever happened to "Piloting" a plane?

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Is the Topcat calculated CG the same as the Loadmanager's CG? And is the Topcat callculated trim the same value as the FMC calculated trim?

Is the Topcat calculated CG the same as the Loadmanager's CG? And is the Topcat callculated trim the same value as the FMC calculated trim?
This is where I think something is different, or the OP is going way past Vr to accomplish this.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

What ever happened to "Piloting" a plane?
ok, I give up on this ... Just wondered why these two planes behave different.I have not said I'd like to start automatically or do a full automatic flight ... Shocked.gif

Guenter Steiner

I'm not trying to bash you in any way, but comparing these two jets is like apples to oranges. No commercial airplane should lift off by itself. This is why we have a Vr speed. happy.png

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

This is where I think something is different, or the OP is going way past Vr to accomplish this.
TOPCAT and MD11 datas are nearly the same (have you never used TOPCAT?), difference is in just very slight values after the comma... And yes, again, I passed VR, but plane was taking off before runway was ending ... (what was not too much later)
No commercial airplane should lift off by itself.
So, seems we have an issue with the MD11 here ...

Guenter Steiner

In some conditions and in some aircrafts, you can experience slight nose up tendency, but you have to pull your stick/yoke at Vr. Simple as that Lj. Prodanovic