Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

"automatic" takeoff through trim?

How do you load the plane? Do you use the Loadmanager?
with TOPCAT ...TOPCAT generates the payload and fuel must be added via the PMDG menu.Numbers match nearly exactly the same as it is with the load manager...Don't you know TOPCAT?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In some conditions and in some aircrafts, you can experience slight nose up tendency, but you have to pull your stick/yoke at Vr. Simple as that Lj. Prodanovic
Exactly. I have never had this problem with the MD-11. There is something wrong with your calculations or the aircraft configuration.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Yes I know the main functions of TOPCAT but I can' afford it. unsure.pngMight you try to takeoff automatically past Vr without using TOPCAT to load the plane. Only the Loadmanager. So you can figure out if it is a plane or a TOPCAT issue wink.png

Ok, but back on topic- No, you should have to pull the nose up at rotate. If you don't have to then there is something wrong with the calculations or the configuration.

...takeoff automatically...
Waiting.gif

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

I know what he is talking about as I have the MD-11X and 747-400X as well. If you set the correct flaps and trim and zoom down the runway past VR speed the plane will lift off itself if you have a long runway. Course by that time you probably going about 190 or 200 knots and way past Rotation speed and exceeding the rated speeds for the tires. With the 737-NGX when setting flaps and trim correctly it seems to take a lot of pull back on my X52 Pro Stick to get the bird rotated. This is probably cause the 737-NGX is the first plane to actually model everything like the real aircraft and were not used to that and way other planes behave in FS.

Nick I know you have to pull back the stick to take off, and you never take off automatically. I meant, with taking off automatically, the mentioned issue that the plane lifts of ground without pulling the yoke.

As I understood, you experienced nose up tendency so you left it to take off alone, while passing Vr. At Vr, that is very slight tendency, but as aircraft building speed its possible that airplane take off automatically, but with much longer take off roll.So, you just need to help aircraft to rotate at Vr, and not to let it to waste complete length of rwy, that you can use in case of RTO. I think nothing is wrong with your performance calculations. Lj. Prodanovic

So the question here is why an aircraft is not autorotating while another one does. They're different aircraft. Different aerodynamics. A Harrier can takeoff almost vertically while an F14 cannot. They're _different_ aircraft. I'm not quite sure about what exactly we're looking for in this post.

So the question here is why an aircraft is not autorotating while another one does.
Yep, now you understand me... ;) I simply want to understand, if this behave is something, what all airplane have by design or if there's something very individual.Comparing a harrier and a F16...??? why not throwing in a Bell 206 ;) Ok, now I've learned, that it depends on the plane ...thanks for clarifying!

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

I'm not quite sure about what exactly we're looking for in this post.
Me neither. Go past VR, well alright do it, but it's not quite a procedure so it's pretty much unpredictable behavior. It might lift off or might not, who knows. It's like doing a barrel roll in the MD11 and in the 737 and wondering why the one will stall during the maneuver and the other won't. BTW All of this works beautifully on any of the stock planes. Just go some some airport, load up any plane, redline the engines and wait. After all you should get airborne "automatically" at a few hundred knots at the latest. LMAO.gif On an almost-related side note, if you ever felt slightly out of trim during take off I would not worry. Take off stab trim on the 737 is actually designed for an engine out condition during takeoff. sig.gif