Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

FSX Fatal error, new information

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: fe.dll, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e180bException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000a44f0Faulting process id: 0x1008Faulting application start time: 0x01cc59d1e2676422Faulting application path: D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fe.dllReport Id: d43ae403-c5c8-11e0-95bc-001b2128d6ec just got this moments ago.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Faulting module path: D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fe.dll The FE.DLL is used for drawing textures, so I've heard. Are you getting the same crash in all locations? Also try another heavy addon aircraft in the same scenery with the same settings. I did find one instance of someone getting a 100% repeatable fe.dll crash:

Hi,I found that the FE.dll crash will always occur under the following circumstance:When you have standard textures (lightmaps, props etc.) in the main scenery folder of FS as DXT3 and then a mixture of DXT3 and 32-bit in the individual aircraft folders. When the main texture folder contains a DXT3 and the individual aircraft has exactly the same file as 32-bit, FE.dll will fault.A short batch file and imagetool can help to mass-convert to DXT3 and avoid this problem. If you google "imagetool" and "fs9" you'll be heading in the right direction - I forget exactly which forum I found the instructions on.. I think it might have been PAI...Geoff
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/230773-fs9-crashes-due-to-fedll-error-with-some-32bit-texture/

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Don't know if you've Googled it Alex, but a quick look implies that fe.dll is a FS DLL that is involved with textures. Some of the links I checked all relate to possible texture corruption or conflict. Dave

alex, do you use REX with high texture resolution? the ngx is texture/memory hungry. reducing my REX texture size to 1024 did the trick (usual disclaimer: so far) for me, flew now 6 complete legs in ORBX scenery without any CTD/OOM or BSD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

How many watts does your power supply give your PC?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

as per another thread installed anew uiautomationcore.dll in the root directory of fsx and it seems to have cured the ctd/fatal error problemDrink up!!!!
Sure?how do you get a new one?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK