Sign in to follow this  
drewsaw2

How to monitor temps?

How do you monitor your computer temps? Is there a program that I need to download? I haven't done any overclocking yet but I've noticed the side of my computer which houses my cpu is really hot, and I can even smell the components heating.

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

How do you monitor your computer temps? Is there a program that I need to download? I haven't done any overclocking yet but I've noticed the side of my computer which houses my cpu is really hot, and I can even smell the components heating.
There are quite a few , I use coretemp or HWMonitor. Ouch, how is the airflow in the cabinet ? Check the cooler master Fan / exhaust fan / PSU fan.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

If you can smell them heating, I think you need to have a look at your CPU cooler. Open up the case and make sure the fans are spinning as normal. Make sure the heatsink isnt full of dust.

Yeah I opened it up and everything all the fans are running as they should. I'll keep an eye on it. HWMonitor is a great tool. What are normal temps for a system like mine after running FSX?

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

I use core temp. Gives great info but an alternative for me with the HAF 932 is just to use my legs when it blows out onto them, brrrr.

I use RealTemp 3.69.1 deigned for quad-core and Sandy-Bridge. The author has put much real world testing using a thermomter and historical results as well as Intel specifications into their work. CoreTemp had issues with quadcore temps previous not sure if they resolved it. The folks at Realtemp have detected issues with Everest and HW in regards to accuracy. More can be read here: http://www.techpower...ead.php?t=64185 3.69.1 may be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire...4uixpjtezznuzkd

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Yeah I opened it up and everything all the fans are running as they should. I'll keep an eye on it. HWMonitor is a great tool. What are normal temps for a system like mine after running FSX?
50-60's Overclocked with a good cooler. I'd say no more than 60 for a stock clock with your cooler.

79-82 is pretty toasty for a 920 @ 4.2...

Monitor the temps first and check if they match for that CPU/Board , also check your GFX card .Leave the cabinet open for a couple of days and watch the temps. If you feel everything is ok then always check your PSU as it is the mainsource of power to system. You may need to check your fans to see if they run clear. Also the PSU fan.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Went for an hour flight tonight and checked in with the CUPID monitor after. The CPU temp was at 45c and my 560TI was reading 54c. That seems to be within limits right? Might put a fan on the front of the case someday. I was reading something about my GPU online the other day and these people had it up to 75c at max load

45 and 54 are definitely well within limits. No worries there.

Went for an hour flight tonight and checked in with the CUPID monitor after. The CPU temp was at 45c and my 560TI was reading 54c. That seems to be within limits right? Might put a fan on the front of the case someday. I was reading something about my GPU online the other day and these people had it up to 75c at max load
it's individual core temperatures, not CPU temp what you need to monitor with your 2500K.75ºC is perfectly fine for the GPU, if you want it to run cooler, your best bet is to download MSI Afterburner and create a custom fan profileThere's a BIOS update in the ASUS web page for your card (late May) that fixes some issues with the fans' speed control http://www.asus.com/...I1GD5/#download