Sign in to follow this  
matthieu

737 at CYYZ runway 23 (offset)

I was trying to do a few touch and goes at CYYZ runway 23 and noticed on final appr that the ILS is not aligned correctly? I have the ILS for 23 set as 111.50 and the CRS set as 237 but land about 5ft left of the runway? I have updated the magvar as per the thread in the General Forum. Is this a known prob with FSX and runway 23? thanks, Matt Henry

Are you using Default CYYZ or BluePrint Payware CYYZ? Sounds like an AFCAD problem either in the default or with BluePrints Scenery.

hi I had a similar problem today with CYVR on RW 26R. I have the updated magvar and Orbx scenery. regardsMalan

Yes I am seeing this too. Have you guys used that variation fix that is posted. it SEEMS (not sure) that it was fine before this patch.

Yes I am seeing this too. Have you guys used that variation fix that is posted. it SEEMS (not sure) that it was fine before this patch.
Hi Yes, using the updated magvar. Touching down slightly right of the runway Rolling%20Eyes.gif Malan

I have not used any patches yet. John

Jack, I have tried it using the updated magdec.bgl file, and also using the stock magdec.bgl file and get the same thing? Just tried CYYZ runway 05 and all worked fine, very nice landing. Matt

hi I checked again, using the PMDG 747 landing at CYVR 26R and have the off-set (so it could be scenery).ko9n8.jpg However, can someone enlighten me on why it says CRS261 at the bottom, and IRD/262 at the top? thanksMalan

The automatic flight system will try to follow and eliminate deviation around whatever course is set in the OBS window. In this case the value set was not the one in the AFCAD... Two cases : 1) Use the option which sets automatically the inbound LOC CRS as reported by FS to the OBS window2) The AFCAD is badly written in which case contact your scenery vendor and ask them to fix it. Case (1) should be the standard for 99% of simmers.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

26R has always been off for me...right from day one with a stock FSX. It's a hoop-up in the AFCAD/Scenery. I fixed it a while ago downloading some fix from what I think was the CZVR Vatsim ARTCC site. I'll try and dig it up. For now take a peek of Avsim's file library...i'm sure you'll be able to find an updated AFCAD.

Did you view the thead in the PMDG forum Magnetic variation updates for FS9 and FSX!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

The Mag Var update does not fix anything. The ILS and the rnwy arn't lined up in the AFCAD at all. The default FSX scenery actually has the runway a bit off...if I remember from the discussion years ago the Mike taxiways were a bit short and the thing was a little bit oriented south. Like I said I got some BGL a while ago from the CZVR forums god knows when...ill see if I can dig it up.