Sign in to follow this  

I've seen many posts about VATSIM temperatures being high during cruise but I can't figure mine out. I have ASE and use that for my weather. CAVOK on FSInn is turned off. None-the-less, as soon as I let ASE update my weather, in cruise, the temperature shoots up to around 45 C at FL350 causing a number of problems. Any ideas? Again, I have FSInn CAVOK turned off, and I've tried every ASE depiction mode.

Hi, With the VATSIM weather option On in ASE we only use the VATSIM data at the departure and destination airports. Everything else is pure ASE, just as it would be if you didn't have the VATSIM option On. What happens for you if you do not use the VATSIM option in ASE and you don't have FSINN running? I am not sure what you mean about the CAVOK option in FSInn being turned Off. ALL weather options in FSInn should be turned off.

Hi, With the VATSIM weather option On in ASE we only use the VATSIM data at the departure and destination airports. Everything else is pure ASE, just as it would be if you didn't have the VATSIM option On. What happens for you if you do not use the VATSIM option in ASE and you don't have FSINN running? I am not sure what you mean about the CAVOK option in FSInn being turned Off. ALL weather options in FSInn should be turned off.
Yes. All weather options are turned off, I however, never used the VATSIM weather option in ASE. Everything's fine when I'm not using FSInn.

Hi, Then it is an issue with FSinn. So you are on VASIM, using FSInn, but not using the VATSIM weather option in ASE? What do you tell the VATSIM controller when your weather and their weather do not match?

Got it fixed, thanks. I had to go under FSCopilot to turn it off. Strange. I don't tell my controller my situation with the weather but I simply clear the weather.

New problem. I've encountered this before but with the VATSIM thing fixed, the temperature is -15 C at FL360 when it should be -42 C according to ASE. I get this when I'm offline as well.

Hi, No, you are probably good. ASE is reporting OAT and FS reporting TAT, which takes into account your airspeed. Slow down to near stall speed and you will see the 2 temperatures come closer together. TAT is always warmer and -15 is warmer than -42.

Oh wow. Still learning my way inside and out of the 737. Thanks a lot though.

Hi, No, you are probably good. ASE is reporting OAT and FS reporting TAT, which takes into account your airspeed. Slow down to near stall speed and you will see the 2 temperatures come closer together. TAT is always warmer and -15 is warmer than -42.
Hmm.. Was wondering that as well. Thanks for the explanation.

Eric 

Hello there, I`m using the brand new NGX with AktiveSky and FSINN.But look on the image below, flying at FL260 with a TAT of +41°C.AktiveSky tell`s me a strong wind of 39 knots as well, but I can`t see any wind. 85733596.jpg

Hi Jim I too have this problem, it works fine without FSInn. FS Inn weather I've turned off. With the freeware programs I have no such problems, only with ASE

Patrick Tinner

Hi, If it works fine without FSInn, then it is FSInn causing the issue.

Hi, On the Inn Settings, under General, then Weather, be sure you check "Disable Weather by default". This will prevent FSInn to load its Wx.

I have experienced that hot weather issue before, but it is rare and yes I have FSINN weather turned off. What I normally do is Start FSX first then go to the gate and setup the plane. While I am setting up the plane I load ASE. If I ever get high temps I just go back to the desktop hit refresh on ASE and in a couple seconds the temps go back to normal. Btw Jim, I tried your settings for ASE by replacing the default FSXOptions file with yours, Then disabled FSUIPC weather smoothing and using ASE DWC. Also edited FSX.CFG and FSUIPC.CFG settings as per the ASE manual for toning down the turbulence.Works like a dream now. With this configuration I do not have to click the (Disable Thermal and Turbulence near Aircraft) box in FSX which creates a vaccum around the aircraft when checked. I had to do this in the past because of the S-turning problem with the PMDG planes. I wonder if there will ever be a way to experience bad turbulence when it arises. I know the FSX code is preventing this possiblity due to the way it poorly simulates turbulence. I guess it is a trade off. You either have turbulence or S-turns. No choice there when you think about it. But something that can be overlooked, everthing else works great.