Sign in to follow this  
cgueiros

What have I done wrong?

For a long time I have been using RC4 v 4.0.3675 with a registered FSUIPC v 3.129. Recently it would not start informing "fsuipc_wait, cant get FFC to change from 0 always 0". After many attempts I reinstalled RC4 which comes with FSUIPC v 3.50 and it now starts with the menu showing instead of letters a mixture of square and a few letters (some readable like FIX01). Where have I fouled up the installation of this excellent and, to me, indispensable program? By the way, the new RC4 version is an upgrade to the version I have or is it a new buy? Any assistance will be much appreciated. Clarindo

Have just determined by reading thru FAQ that I had been using all this time the FS9 window display instead of the Adv Display window. For some reason the FS9 window and now it doesnt. However, using the Adv Display window everything seems to be OK. Clarindo

For a long time I have been using RC4 v 4.0.3675 with a registered FSUIPC v 3.129. Recently it would not start informing "fsuipc_wait, cant get FFC to change from 0 always 0". After many attempts I reinstalled RC4 which comes with FSUIPC v 3.50
Neither 3.129 nor 3.50 are supported versions of FSUIPC. The earliest possible version you can use now is 3.99 and there are later versions (3.997 and later) offered on the Support Forum. Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

You need to update RC to version 4.3.3845 (the screen shows 4.3 build 3845. Send an e-mail to jd@jdtllc.com subject RC4 update with your original user name and e-mail address. Make sure jdtllc.com is allowed through your pc and ISP spam filters. Once you are found in the user base jd will e-mail you a download link. Before installation make a safe protection copy in a folder outside of FS9 of your FSUIPC.key file located in your modules folder. This is the code for the FSUIPC registration you purchased. It will be used by your updated FSUIPC. After this RC4 version is installed update the following two items because the install distribution has older FSUIPC and makerwys files. For RC scenery database builds be sure you update makerwys.exe and place it in your FS folder. When you update FSUIPC to 3.99 or later it will provide a different RC window with a menu and status area. The Advdisplay window window is no longer used. In your modules folder rename it the .dll to .dlh as AdvDisplay.dlh to keep it from running but lets you put it back if needed by another application. The update links are at the forum top.

Ronzie: I very much appreciated your friendly and quite detailed posting concerning the updating of my current version RC 4.0.3675 which I acquired July 2010 to RC version 4.3845. After unsuccessful attempts I realize I am unable to follow up on this problem and will have to look for an alternative solution. Thanks again. Clarindo

Unsuccessful attempts? You can't use the update tab in RC. You have to send an e-mail message as outlined and get the download link. 4.3845 or 4.3843 has been the distribution for a very long time via download and later CDs. What problems are you having?

Ronzie: I very much appreciated your friendly and quite detailed posting concerning the updating of my current version RC 4.0.3675 which I acquired July 2010 to RC version 4.3845. After unsuccessful attempts I realize I am unable to follow up on this problem and will have to look for an alternative solution. Thanks again. Clarindo

Appreciate the assistance and follow-up, Ronzie. Thanks to the download link and instructions on how to proceed which were provided by jd I have been able to update RC4 and am back flying with this very reliable and, in my view, indispensable program. Best of luck.