Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Does Vroute work with the NGX?

I've tried to use the EFB .rte files with the NGX and they don't work. I just emailed Michael at Vroute and he said that he hadn't tested it with the new 737 (?) but that if it DIDN'T work, somebody here would know :>) Thanks,Mark

I've had no problems exporting to the NGX from vRoute. What kind of issues are you seeing?

I've had no problems exporting to the NGX from vRoute. What kind of issues are you seeing?
None from Vroute as I don't have it yet. EFB doesn't work as there's a problem with the profile (?) and the dev needs info from PMDG in order to fix it. I got used to exporting right into the iFly FMC from EFB which really works well. I was hoping that Vroute would accomplish the same thing.

I was hoping that Vroute would accomplish the same thing.
The .rte files exported from vRoute work very nicely in the NGX. I also use it for fuel planning, which it does a good job at.

+1 for vroute! i use it all the time to export flightplans and get your fuel burn, it does work a lot of the time but im waiting for topcat to work with the ngx, then ill be a very happy bunny!

+1 for vroute! i use it all the time to export flightplans and get your fuel burn, it does work a lot of the time but im waiting for topcat to work with the ngx, then ill be a very happy bunny!
I think I'll go get it.

Topcat does work with the NGX. Just don't use the payload and fuel loading option. I load my aircraft then manually type in ZFW and fuel then click over for the weather at departure airport and calculate reduced thrust etc. You will probably never be able to use the loading options in TOPCAT with this bird due to how PMDG programmed the loading through the CDU. I think in the tutorial that came out with the plane Ryan also used TOPCAT for figuring in his calcualtions but I could be wrong. Flown some 40 hours since doing the tutorial. But I use TOPCAT every flight now.

Sean Green

I use FSBuild to make flight plans for PMDG NGX and Aivlasoft EFB. It works like a charm. EFB can read generic FSX flight plans. Ed

I use FSBuild to make flight plans for PMDG NGX and Aivlasoft EFB. It works like a charm. EFB can read generic FSX flight plans. Ed
I just figured that out. I can save both FSX (that ESB can read) along with PMDG (exported to FMC) with Vroute. I think I have the best of both worlds here. :>)

Topcat does work with the NGX. Just don't use the payload and fuel loading option.
very nice, how do you find the v-speeds and thrust reduction? in the ifly it was pretty much always wrong but still gave you a general idea of your flex temp ill test it out later on do you have to change any of the load values or does copying the TOW (i presume u meant TOW not ZFW) remove any inaccuracy you could have had, i suppose to a certain extent you could place the values from the fmc in the loadsheet then it might be more accurate?

I input the ZFW from the CDU into Topcat (Manual ZFW entry) then input my fuel data into TOPCAT then go to the weather tab and d/l latest weather for and figure my de-rated to figures. The v-speeds I just use from the CDU they are not exactly what TOPCAT says but none of the planes for TOPCAT equal what the airplane says. As you say they are all close enough. There's about as much variant in speeds and N1 as there is in the IFLY 737 which I use also.

Sean Green