Sign in to follow this  
matt79

Program Pin Error (fixed post hot-fix)

Hi Everyone, Finally delurking here. I decided to do a short rough and tumble flight today, and decided to test the SFP and terrain functions. I also enabled HUD to try out VMC. Gol 738, fuel 25%, load factor 100%. Instead of SBRJ, I chose something completely different KLVK (Livermore) -KRNO. Flight plan LIVERMORE1-SAC-SIERRA3, FL210. The flaps 25 - 27kbump takeoff was incredible, then a few minutes into the flight, AP disconnected and FMC MSG: Program Pin Error. I'm certain that in-flight malfunctions were disabled. I pressed the CLR button several times to no avail. The bird kept on flying. I had the freeze error, but the Hotfix seems to have fixed them. Checked the manuals and they mentioned wiring? Is this one of the "quirks", or is it a bug? Any ideas? Thanks, M. Harris PS For those still in doubt about purchasing 737NGX, I say go for it. My system (laptop) is not exactly a powerhouse, yet the 737 flies like a dream. My FPS are on the low side, but I don't care, as this aircraft is extremely smooth.. that's what counts, I think, it's very smooth and exciting. Other products I've purchased recently had high FPS but were choppy and bland.

Well, I haven't tried it again, will try again later. Basically, here's what I did Loaded GOL 738 SFP (no mods or anything like that) @default KLVK, 15:30. Decided to use default FSX downloaded weather.1. Set up load factor 100%, fuel 25%.2. Enabled HUD, which is not available by default in the Gol 7383. Programmed FMC in this order: - (planned route KLVK-KRNO, LIVERMORE1-SAC-SIERRA3) a. INIT POSITIONb. RTEc. INIT REF (zfw etc) FL210, CI 120d. DEP/ARR: I was assigned RWY 7R. LIVERMORE1 SID. STAR: SIERRA3, SAC transitione. Cleared discontinuities in flightplan, programmed FL160 @HOBOA. Here's something interesting that I just remembered, I tried to set up a holding pattern @HOBOA, but FMC refused (ignored) it. I figured that I'd done sthing wrong, and made a mental note to check manuals later.f. FIX page, entered KRNO dist /30 to have a visual reference when entering the default FSX-set KRNO "airspace" (to request VFR landing)g. Set 27k bump, non-derated CLBh. Set flaps 25 for SFPg. Left default CLB and ACCEL speeds 3a. Armed LNAV and VNAV (etc)4. Taxi, HUD on, TOGA, blasted off the RWY. *Tested Autoslats worked great* Then cleaned up on schedule.5. Tried to stop smiling6. Switched on AP A at about 1400 AGL; everything ok. LIVERMORE1 involves a right hand turn, to intercept OAK RAD060 to dis 23 (ALTAM). Somewhere around here is where I ran into trouble, less than 5 minutes into the flight. The AP disconnected, flightplan lost, FMC "PROGRAM PIN ERROR". I tried to clear it several times. Plane kept on flying normally, no freezes. Considered flying her manually, direct to SAC, then rad028 to HOBOA etc...but gave up in frustration. Might try it again tonight. Yikes I hadn't planned on writing so much, I'm sorry, if this is supposed to be a ticket, please let me know :) Thanks, Matt.

Yikes I hadn't planned on writing so much, I'm sorry
Don't be sorry about this at all, Matt. The more information you can provide, the better. smile.png That post is exactly the kind of thing PMDG needs to try and reproduce this stuff.EDIT: One more thing, did you use a saved panel state?

JUST happened to me as well. I applied the hotfix and gonna try a short haul to see if I still have problems. This is strange seeing how I haven't too much of a problem with the panel freezes. It only happened to me a handful of times.

I ahd the program pin also last night - i mentioned it in a seperate post. I have panel freezes but havnt done the hotfix as yet, waiting on a new fix/patch.

Mike R., I didn't use saved panels, just the setup loaded by default (I was in a hurry to test it!) Please let me know if you need more info. Mike M. that's weird. Jeff, so maybe it's not a hotfix-related problem then? Matt.

Thanks. Looking at things, did you by chance mean 25R, and not 7R? 7R is the really tiny runway, and the LIVERMORE1 is only for the 25's. Also, do you remember what CDU pages you had displayed?

I'm sorry about that! You're right of course, it was 25R. I got confused because I was initially assigned 7L, I printed out a different SID (BYRON), but then I decided to try the opposite end of the runway, to face the highish terrain there (unfamiliar with the area). I wanted to see how it was displayed. "TERR" was on the EFIS, along with traffic. I only entered 25R in the CDU. I'm positive that I had the TAKEOFF REF page 1 displayed. I've disabled FO displays, so I only use the one CDU. I'm trying to think if anything was out of the ordinary, but no.. except for the CDU refusing my attempts to program a holding pattern at the last waypoint (HOBOA) at FL160. I didn't enter an arrival runway. .. My setup is practically a clean install. I'm using Win7 64.. Once again, I'm at your service if you need any more info. I'm going to print out this page and try it again now, see what happens. BTW, off topic, NGX is awesome, but PMDG really deserves accolades for the "classic" NG. In hindsight, it was absolutely groundbreaking and sophisticated. Hard to believe that you guys (and ladies?) pulled it off, what, 7 years ago? I'm sure that NGX will be seen in the same light many years from now, and that you guys will take care of any remaining glitches to make it as reliable as the good old classic :)

Okay, I've just flown the route three times with no problems, I couldn't reproduce the error. I'd never tried to purposely crash NGX/FSX before, it was funny, I pushed the bird SO hard to get it to flip out, but no dice. Totally solid and stable. Matt.

Hi, I also received a Program Pin Error on the CDU. I can't remember much about it because I was on a final approach to EGBB RWY 15 after doing a GA. What I do know is the FO's CDU was still working fine and I already have the hotfix installed. I wish I could give you more information but at the time I just assumed it was something to do with something I programmed (I'm still learning) and carried on with the landing.

Had the Program Pin Error tonight and a short flight from CYQR to CYWG. I received it during the climb. The CDU was on the CLB page and I selected the max angle to check out that function. Once I did, received the pin error. Backed out of it and the only way to clear it was to execute the "mod" to the CLB Page. No hotfixes installed.

I've gotten a program pin error several times.so here's what i did to get the problem in the first place. i was at VNKT (Khatmandu, Nepal) planning my flight. Unfortunately I didnt have charts for that airport, so i couldnt decide which SID to select. So i selected a SID on the active runway 20, and set the ND to plan mode. after every SID i presses LEGS on the FMC to see where the SID was taking me. (unprofessional I know, just couldnt find a chart) If the SID wasnt right, without activating it, i went back to DEP/ARR page, and selected another SID. After 5 or 6 times of repeating the process, the FMC said, "program pin error". I pressed CLR to get rid of the error msg, The FMC displayed the SIDS and runways, but when i selected them, nothing happened.When i restarted FSX, everything was fine, and i was able to take off from a selected SID.same thing happened at another airport. so here's something in common between the 2 airports. i downloads SIDS/STARS from simroutes.com for these two. Maybe the sid/star was buggy. just a thought.