Sign in to follow this  
rhha

Instant snap left view in Virtual cockpit

I am practicing takeoff, circuits and landings and not being a real pilot cannot see how you can do all that has to be done in the time available. The sim. has a disadvantage with all round visibility so the time it takes for the pan view to click its way round to left view and then back takes too long. So I have to use the 2-D cockpit and use shift + 4 to judge when to turn on base leg because the looking round is much quicker. Assuming this is what they mean by "snap" versus "pan" is it possible to "snap" in the VC ? thanks. Richard

snap in VC? yesedit cameras.cfg [CameraDefinition.002]Title = Virtual Cockpit.SnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = False edit to same as 2D mode SnapPbhAdjust = OrdinalSnapPbhReturn = True this is NOT the cameras.cfg that is in the FSX folder but in the folder with the FSX.cfg Loyd

Guest jahman

I think by snap he means "snap forward" as in (the default) CTRL+Space. Cheers, - jahman.

Better yet, why don't you use TracKIR or Freetrack you will never touch the keys again for views.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Guest jahman

Even with TrackIR you'll have to use a key or yoke button to 1. Center Pan Forward, and2. Freeze/Unfreeze the TrackIR so you can click on switches and knobs in the VC. Cheers, - jahman.

Jaman, Your last reply is correct but only to some degree.I am using trackir for some time now and I hardly ever use those keys to center or disable.The trick is to configure the trackir to your liking. It's a bit of trial and error but once it is done,the device reacts like normal, real-life headmovements.Only when you shift your body significantlty, you have to recenter the device. Luc BrusselmansBelgium

Jahman is correct about the centre and "pause" keys. particularly the latter. When using VC, and I never fly a plane without VC and trackir now, the pause is used so that the VC switches can be used . I rarely use pop up windows for Anything.All is switched by the mouse in the cockpit.The Maltby Comet and Trident are brilliant in this respect. I am amazed after all these years, just how many simmers fly without Trackir. For those who think it's an OTT statement, imagine a simmer was telling you he was seriously flying sims without a joystick using only a keyboard.It's the same sort of difference.For those who don't us it, you don't know what you are missing. The best hardware since the joystick. Please have a look at this url where a chap has written a tutorial on how to use it.http://snomhf.exofire.net/trackIR.htmlFSX is perfect for this device. I fly planes only with a VC. It's like sitting in the pilots seat. One example. In a real plane,Imagine sitting in the pilots seat and then leaning to the left to look out over the door to the ground or along the fuselage.You can do that using trackir-

Thanks everyone I will try the camera.cfg but if that does what I asked for, I don't want to permanently loose the hat switch pan round. I want to be able to snap or swivel depending on mood mode. It takes me longer than 3 pan seconds to:- adjust throttle, apply flaps, keeping pitch, adjust trim, look for the runway, check speed, and keep heading . . . I wonder why there are not more women pilots - I thought they were the multi-taskers smile.png